Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

I'm a happy chappy today fitted werkes exhaust & installed penners tune no problems at all now just need the weather gods to be nice so I can give it a butt dyno:)😀
Anxious to see how you like it. I have same exhaust and about to load a tune myself.

The only other thing I think might cause it is after you load the tune you are supposed to power cycle the bike and then without touching the throttle your crank the bike and hold the start button until it starts. One thing that I did was let the start button go as it was cranking for an inordinately long time compared to normal and I though something was wrong. Then I got the error. Maybe that first start is crucial?
I'll hit the 10,000 mile mark today on the way to work. Ready to update with Penner's Tune. I'm sure I'll go back and read all 74 pages (and counting) of this thread before I do, but it sounds like the key things to remember are
1) have battery connected to charger
2) DO NOT reset adaptations
3) DO NOT release starter button until the bike starts.

Question: How long is an "inordinately long time compared to normal?" Mine starts up immediately right now, so for the first crank after apply the tune I'd like to have an idea what to expect. Are we talking 5, 10, 20 seconds, or longer? THANKS

I'll hit the 10,000 mile mark today on the way to work. Ready to update with Penner's Tune. I'm sure I'll go back and read all 74 pages (and counting) of this thread before I do, but it sounds like the key things to remember are

Question: How long is an "inordinately long time compared to normal?" Mine starts up immediately right now, so for the first crank after apply the tune I'd like to have an idea what to expect. Are we talking 5, 10, 20 seconds, or longer? THANKS
Message me, we can do it together.

Yeah, those are the high points. You can go watch my video where I did it (and got it wrong!)... Custom Tune

My bike normally starts after the 2nd or third crank, but after flashing the ECU it was still cranking after 5-10 seconds so I sort of panicked and let go.

...when you lift the seat off hook your charger on and pull the headlight fuse....you will see the headlight is still going but its the parklight so dont be fooled by it.
The other thing is the ignition switch is not right away from you when its on...i got fooled by that till i woke up.

...when you lift the seat off hook your charger on and pull the headlight fuse....you will see the headlight is still going but its the parklight so dont be fooled by it.
The other thing is the ignition switch is not right away from you when its on...i got fooled by that till i woke up.
Hey Tal, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying about the ignition switch- let me know. Thanks!

Hey Tal, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying about the ignition switch- let me know. Thanks!
yep...i pushed the switch all the way away to the top position which gets the gauges working right? but you need to bring it back down to the position just before ignition which is then 'on'.....it caught me out for a few minutes but then i am from way down here in the deep south!...you wont have this problem...lol

Back