Hello All,

I'm Anthony, from the Chicago suburb of Carol Stream, IL.

I've been lurking on the site since Aug of last year when I first started to get really interested in the Rocket as my next bike. I've already learned a ton from the group here, and I look forward to interacting and contributing.

I'm coming from an '07 Yamaha Roadliner. Big machine, but wanted something different than another air-cooled V-Twin. Test rode a R3T in Aug and fell in love. Been waiting to find the right one for me, and just came across her this week.

My current bike:

20150316_112706_small.jpg

My new girl comes from an Indian dealer in California. '09 two-tone blue with only 3400 miles.

5a7569503edc7946780ebdd9.jpg

5a756950a64eba3c8d044eff.jpg

Appears to be bone-stock. The first thing I intend to do is check to see if by chance the Eastern Beaver headlight relay fix has been installed. If not, I'll get it on order.

This is a LONG-term bike for me, so mods will be slow, but I'll eventually do:

Fairing
Exhaust
ECU tune
Fog Lights
Heated Grips
Touring Seat with backrest
LED's all around

I look forward to learning and sharing.

@AnthonyD welcome to the best motorcycle community online \o/

Sweet sweet bike man, hope to pick up a touring next winter or winter of 19-20.

Corbin can help you out with the Fairing and Touring seat with backrest.

What are your power goals?

Right now, I'll be very interested in one of the famous Hanso tunes in the Spring (if that's OK with Mr. Hanso, of course!) that I've read so much about. Need to ride the bike for a while, though, to figure out how she feels before I decide if she needs anything else power-wise.

Last edited:
Welcome from Port Orchard, WA. I have the same bike, same color Touring. Beautiful. I bought the EB headlight relay and it is a quite a bit easier to install than the one for the Classic series. I think it was Jag that said it's not needed for the Touring and it's a first heard for me.

On upgrades, I had every accessory known to Triumph and man on mine, courtesy of the original owner, except for the TORs. I installed them last Saturday and a forum friend stopped by on Sunday to work the TuneECU magic. It significantly increased performance. With the Touring discontinued, you need to move fast on accessories because they are on sale but apparently won't be made again by Triumph.

Ishrub and others can direct you to some sources. That link to the Dulles dealership is a good one and darn, but I need to call them.

Back