AnthonyD

.060 Over
Ride
2009 R3T
Hello All,

I'm Anthony, from the Chicago suburb of Carol Stream, IL.

I've been lurking on the site since Aug of last year when I first started to get really interested in the Rocket as my next bike. I've already learned a ton from the group here, and I look forward to interacting and contributing.

I'm coming from an '07 Yamaha Roadliner. Big machine, but wanted something different than another air-cooled V-Twin. Test rode a R3T in Aug and fell in love. Been waiting to find the right one for me, and just came across her this week.

My current bike:

20150316_112706_small.jpg

My new girl comes from an Indian dealer in California. '09 two-tone blue with only 3400 miles.

5a7569503edc7946780ebdd9.jpg

5a756950a64eba3c8d044eff.jpg

Appears to be bone-stock. The first thing I intend to do is check to see if by chance the Eastern Beaver headlight relay fix has been installed. If not, I'll get it on order.

This is a LONG-term bike for me, so mods will be slow, but I'll eventually do:

Fairing
Exhaust
ECU tune
Fog Lights
Heated Grips
Touring Seat with backrest
LED's all around

I look forward to learning and sharing.

Last edited:
Welcome from New Jersey. Do not need the eastern beaver set up on the touring.
The quick release backrest is standard on all touring models. Maybe you could try and contact the previous owner, he may still have it.
Enjoy your new ride!!

Congratulations! Got yourself a good example. On that list... you missed the visit to the pinstripe artist. He did good with the Roadliner.

Back