product-list-pilotactiv.png

The 140/75R-17 67V in Scorcher II and Commander II versions:

It looks like the Commander has a more water dispersing tread

Michelin Tire Selector | 140 75 67 V 17 tires
ScorcherII
product-list-scorcher11.png

Commander II
product-list-commander2.png

I'm on my second set of the Commander II radial front tire, having gone back to it after trying the Exedraa Max 130 radial, which I find to be just a bit too light on its feet with my 200RWHP.

The Commander II will probably yield more overall mileage than the Scorcher because of it's Aramid tread compound and its tread pattern certainly looks like it would displace more water than its new cousin, but, hey, Michelin doesn't make any bad tires that I know of.

Keep us posted, Sonny!

I'm on my second set of the Commander II radial front tire, having gone back to it after trying the Exedraa Max 130 radial, which I find to be just a bit too light on its feet with my 200RWHP.

The Commander II will probably yield more overall mileage than the Scorcher because of it's Aramid tread compound and its tread pattern certainly looks like it would displace more water than its new cousin, but, hey, Michelin doesn't make any bad tires that I know of.

Keep us posted, Sonny!

So @TriumPhil have you got the 80 or 75 aspect ratio profile version? The former 69 load rating and latter 67. Obviously the reduced diameter effect on steering response will be less with the 80 profile?

@TriumPhil

Ended up cancelling the scorcher 11 and going with the commander II. I had one up front on my Yammy before and really liked the tire. I got a bit spooked with the smaller tire but clearly you guys all use them and have much more experience with tire selection than I do. Excited to see how she handles once I get em on.

Thanks again for all the help everyone and good luck sonny with the tire haha

@TriumPhil

Ended up cancelling the scorcher 11 and going with the commander II. I had one up front on my Yammy before and really liked the tire. I got a bit spooked with the smaller tire but clearly you guys all use them and have much more experience with tire selection than I do. Excited to see how she handles once I get em on.

Thanks again for all the help everyone and good luck sonny with the tire haha

I'm confident that you'll be very pleased with that tire combo, He!!boy.;)

Well 600 miles later the front tire is still there. Imagine that. Wet test may be on Monday it might rain, but then again might's are found on a chickens @ss so we shall see. The overall tire combination thus far in my opinion is one of the best i have ever had on any bike. Handling and performance is great. The Exedra Max 240/55R16 and the Michelin Scorcher II 140/75R17 combination is fantastic. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

You guys come up with the perfect combo and post it so i can go buy a set:D
agreed in the Army we would call this line of thinking 'unauthorized maintenance' this outside the box upgrade may yield better results but ups the unintended consequence factor

Back