First test ride with new tires.

agreed in the Army we would call this line of thinking 'unauthorized maintenance' this outside the box upgrade may yield better results but ups the unintended consequence factor
After placing 30,000 miles on a Rocket X (bought new in Oct 2015) the only unintended consequence factor i have dealt with in the last 1,500 miles with the new tire set up is better handling and performance. Took the advice of many seasoned riders on here that advised going to A 140 up front. Gee whiz they were right. Big improvement.

After placing 30,000 miles on a Rocket X (bought new in Oct 2015) the only unintended consequence factor i have dealt with in the last 1,500 miles with the new tire set up is better handling and performance. Took the advice of many seasoned riders on here that advised going to A 140 up front. Gee whiz they were right. Big improvement.
YEP I knew you would like it

IMG_0325.JPG Today we find out how the Scorcher handles in the rain. ;);););););)

amzn has an incredible deal i couldn't pass up i'll let everybody how it rides this tire had good reviews from both amazon and J&P cycles for 85.88 with free shipping sold on the Shinko 230 Tour Master ;) ordered yesterday and is scheduled to deliver today

amzn has an incredible deal i couldn't pass up i'll let everybody how it rides this tire had good reviews from both amazon and J&P cycles for 85.88 with free shipping sold on the Shinko 230 Tour Master ;) ordered yesterday and is scheduled to deliver today
I think I would stick to a sportier tire and/or 140 profile.

Revzilla stock too and have a fair few reviews but frankly hard to assess reviews by riders of so many often unsated different bikes and sizes and experience/use etc.

Shinko 230 Tour Master Tires

Full spec details and size range here on Shinko Australia site looks like stock front size is only one applicable to Roadsters
230 Tour Master | Shinko Motorcycle Tyres | Shinko Australia
  • S089 model
  • 150/80-17 stock front
  • H speed rating 210 kmh
  • 72 load rating
  • 3.5" recommended rim
  • 26.46" Overall Diameter
  • 5.91" width
  • 4 belts
  • 783 lb load rating
  • T/L tubeless
  • 42 Max psi
  • AU$156.00 RRP (US$125)
230 Tour Master | Shinko Motorcycle Tyres | Shinko Australia

2301.jpg

i'm willing to give up a little sportiness for cost savings; I have a 20k service coming up and this summer I already did the Dragon and cherohala skyway so been there done that have T-shirt. This tire is a whole 85.00 bucks 85.88 to be exact I will give it a shot. I bought the Shinko 230 TourMaster Front 150/80H-17 i know the 140 has a lot of people giddy but something tells me it will wear the front pads quicker (can't confirm this) also not crazy about the gap under the fender

Back