Enlisting Mufasa for Salt Duty

Neville you just made my day! I do want to go down that path. I'll find a wheel in AUS to have sent to you.

I'll email you for details, but this is an ideal solution!

I'm going to have to find places for your logo and Justdad's to permanently reside on the bike ;)

Last edited:
Weather permitting I'll go to lake Gairdner in March. For that salt. No need for brakes it's over ninety mile long. 👍
Neville how good is the salt there?

Bonneville has become unreliable with very thin salt crust. Some years there is barely an inch on top of the mud. And of course this year the salt flats became a lake. Even when the summer is dry the salt can still be wet. Most days I have been out there the mornings are a little dryer but after noon can get quit moist.

Folk from USA come out and can't believe how good it is. It can get wet obviously, but is apparently over six feet thick. The dry times I've been on the lake it is certainly very hard. Can't put a mark in it with a tomahawk. Check out the DLRA website.

1/10th of the weight of the past battery setup:
20220930_162024.jpg

Will find out tomorrow if it has the ass required, Mufasa's a fickle beast about batteries.

Well, the little battery that hopefully could, did.

Unplugged the injectors to get oil lubricated through before starting after a few years, and the single LiPO battery spun it happily. 3 rounds for 30 seconds.

I will retain the SAE jump connector to quickly be able to connect a jump box if needed, but it's successfully cranked it in ~55f weather.

On the metal requirement for battery hold down, I've thought of a trivial way to replace the rubber strap with a metal bar, the base tray is already steel so rule compliant easily.

Lots to do still but this was a nice wake up:
PS: Let's not discuss what is going on in my Garage right now ...lol

Last edited:
Back