Where I am 1.03 is a dry day with dirty air and the weather station in the dyno "corrects" by 3%. I rarely see difference more than .99-1.01. Maybe where your dyno guy is it hot and dry at altitude ? Both runs were 1.02 and 1.03 , so similar.

Where I am 1.03 is a dry day with dirty air and the weather station in the dyno "corrects" by 3%. I rarely see difference more than .99-1.01. Maybe where your dyno guy is it hot and dry at altitude ? Both runs were 1.02 and 1.03 , so similar.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Elevation, 617 ft (188 m)
1st run CR 1.03
Weather records for approximate time of runs.
Time (CDT) 9:52 AM
Temp.
21.7 °C
Dew Point 15.0 °C
Humidity 66%
Pressure 1022.2 hPa
Visibility 16.1 km

2nd run CR 1.04
Time (CDT) 11:52 AM

Temp. 23.3
°C
Dew Point 16.1 °C
Humidity 64%
Pressure 1022.5 hPa
Visibility 16.1 km

Good thinking Ishrub. CF Not what one would expect to see with those almost perfect conditions. Maybe a dud atmospheric module on the dyno. I've had two replace one or two over the years . Bike should show more hp, this may explain it. The bike should run fine if tuned well, just a low graph. Mind you I could be completely wrong as well :).

I dont think it was too bad....80f.
I did call him tho as it backfires and stumbles at very low throttle (just off idle) setting....like turning at a street corner. He was apologetic and wants the bike back to see whats up.
Update: just back from the dyno session. The bike now runs awesome! Not a pop, gurgle or stumble (like it should run). This is what was learned/observed:

1. If you leave the o2 enabled, its gonna screw up all the work that the dyno operator/mechanic did. The bike was extremely lean this morning when the tuning started, like over 15.2 afr. In the lower rpm range. Disabling the o2 sensor and resetting the adaptive fuel table put everything back in the normal and tuned range. So if you have it enabled its always closed loop, in every range.

2. Decel popping.....I hate it. Now its gone. The technician said it was very easy to tune out, and im super happy now. Its never run this well.

In summary, Milwaukee Indian (2 Boss Performance) are stand up dudes, they arent experts on tuneecu or Triumph motorcycles, but they are willing to get their hands dirty.

Back