well tune is done, i will post dyno from TNT when i get bike. The V/E tables from Konrads tune swallows up 100% throughout throttle and gears and thats what i was after, not hp. But Konrad found 10 horsepower with his tuning. This is an old dyno sheet that last tuner got.

Attachments

• 8E53FF87-3695-44C2-896F-ABEA7377BD8F.jpeg
    8E53FF87-3695-44C2-896F-ABEA7377BD8F.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 9A30E99B-22C5-478D-9DCF-5F7A8904FC1E.jpeg
    9A30E99B-22C5-478D-9DCF-5F7A8904FC1E.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 32
How does it drive? Is it any different? 10 more hp? Where in the curve? The old tune seems to flatten @4500.. Torque is the same. Huummmm? It was missing a little. Thought it was the gas filter or plugs. More likely to have been the capacitor caps. Now it is much more reliable. Specially with the lithium battery. Looks like you removed the fenders and polished them.

How does it drive? Is it any different? 10 more hp? Where in the curve? The old tune seems to flatten @4500.. Torque is the same. Huummmm? It was missing a little. Thought it was the gas filter or plugs. More likely to have been the capacitor caps. Now it is much more reliable. Specially with the lithium battery. Looks like you removed the fenders and polished them.
Ill get sheet tomorrow, i havent ridden yet, those are chrome side covers not polished.

tune is done, to recap bike, stock, ramair, tors. timing was added in 3-5 and afrs set to 13. V/E is very good throughout and the l tables were turned off for this tune and fuel and tps was used exclusively. 2 full dyno days, attached are dyno sheets from same run and tune we went with ultimately. One is std 0 smoothing and one is sae smoothing set to 2 same run on 29th. tuning a stock rocket. The numbers arnt much difference but the bike is much more responsive now and seems better so to me its peace of mind knowing its right, stock but right. about 3 days to tune but it’s because i want it the best it can be, not close, but right, and its not cheap for a tune but worth it I believe. Attached also is a sheet from the 30th just a random shot during changes and recordings. The rear tire is out of balance and you could tell by recordings at wot and stock 3 into 1 collector junk. Our Stock exhaust kills a tuner trying to find power. It makes it very difficult and more work to dial it in because it doesn’t flow well. ok this is a rookies take and just sharing. time to ride!
32201F5C-2F4C-43BE-9443-7D31F24FA4D0.jpeg
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
tune is done, to recap bike, stock, ramair, tors. timing was added in 3-5 and afrs set to 13. V/E is very good throughout and the l tables were turned off for this tune and fuel and tps was used exclusively. 2 full dyno days, attached are dyno sheets from same run and tune we went with ultimately. One is std 0 smoothing and one is sae smoothing set to 2 same run on 29th. tuning a stock rocket. The numbers arnt much difference but the bike is much more responsive now and seems better so to me its peace of mind knowing its right, stock but right. about 3 days to tune but it’s because i want it the best it can be, not close, but right, and its not cheap for a tune but worth it I believe. Attached also is a sheet from the 30th just a random shot during changes and recordings. The rear tire is out of balance and you could tell by recordings at wot and stock 3 into 1 collector junk. Our Stock exhaust kills a tuner trying to find power. It makes it very difficult and more work to dial it in because it doesn’t flow well. ok this is a rookies take and just sharing. time to ride!
The tire has Ride- On gunk in it. It has to ride a mile or so for the stuff to re-distribute after sitting for a while. To remove, the tire has to come off. It is water soluble. Wash it off and reinstall the tire and balance the traditional way. You can take the tire off, clean the inside and install it on one of the spare rims you bought.

Congratulations to you and Konrad, wouldn't have got there without your preparations and Konrad's determination.

The ole two tone even after Rik flogging on it so many years still goes pretty good. the tune in bike was pretty good, fuel was off a little everywhere, every part of the tune in the bike was changed so nothing like old tune, The curves are close on both dynos, no changes in parts, we did add timing in 3-5 a pretty good lick, its not maxed out as engine temp decided settings as well, make a change and see a temp change, may or may not be happy with the change, a tune is much more than numbers you end up with, temps, v/e (how efficient at this rpm and tps is the engine performing) tuners dont really get the credit they deserve, its an art to make cylinders work well together, fire when and how long, these guys earn theyre money, they do not install a tune they make a tune and its timely to get right. i know the fuel and timing is right throughout full range and thats all i was after. Just having fun with what i think im learning watching what these guys do.

This will probably add life to the engine. Specially since you are going to ride it harder than me. I'm mr slow. That bike hit the limiter twice and it was by accident. The hardest runs were in MV catching up with the pack since I had to slow down in the turns. 40 to 90 in third all day. Frequent oil changes make a difference. Castrol synthetic. Pricy but worth it. I'm glad you are happy. I rode the CB today some. It is nice but nothing like the Rocket. One has to lean forward and after a while I feel it in my old neck. On the TwoTone one just relaxes on the backrest and can ride all day. Have fun bro.

Back