Driver backrest

You've Reached Utopia

Hondax...... I don't want to tell you I told you so but..... I told you so. Ain't that backrest comfey cozy? What I like is the adjustment screw in the back for forward/backward movement. It does make those longer trips bearable.

After you've ridden with it for a while, you'll learn to trust it and relax your hands during those " Get Out Of Dodge" moments with the throttle. It seems to give me a little more control when I'm not having to hang on to the grips during TAKEOFF!

It's about time for another trip to Warrensburg for Pizza!

Got one already

The Utopia is great, have one on the Wing and it is great for the support it gives your lower back. Had great customer support from them too! When I opened the box (with a knife...shouldn't have done that) I managed to slice into the top cover of the bag that goes on the back. I e-mailed them for a price on a new one explaining how I damaged the original one and got a reply back thanking me for admitting that the damage was my fault and sent me a new one free of charge...again great support. After riding my new Rocket for the few days that I will be home, I will probably order one for the Rocket as well and put it on in May when I return home for good.
Dennis
4 dtg!

Hondax...... I don't want to tell you I told you so but..... I told you so. Ain't that backrest comfey cozy? What I like is the adjustment screw in the back for forward/backward movement. It does make those longer trips bearable.

After you've ridden with it for a while, you'll learn to trust it and relax your hands during those " Get Out Of Dodge" moments with the throttle. It seems to give me a little more control when I'm not having to hang on to the grips during TAKEOFF!

It's about time for another trip to Warrensburg for Pizza!

Comfy cozy all the way Pianoman. The adjstment screw is kewl as I can adjust enroute.
That will be a nice feeling to ease up on my death grip but it will take some time.
i'm amazed at how much relief my numb butt gets. Remind me to buy you pizza next time we meet in Warrenburg.:)

The Utopia is great, have one on the Wing and it is great for the support it gives your lower back. Had great customer support from them too! When I opened the box (with a knife...shouldn't have done that) I managed to slice into the top cover of the bag that goes on the back. I e-mailed them for a price on a new one explaining how I damaged the original one and got a reply back thanking me for admitting that the damage was my fault and sent me a new one free of charge...again great support. After riding my new Rocket for the few days that I will be home, I will probably order one for the Rocket as well and put it on in May when I return home for good.
Dennis
4 dtg!
Molinaman,
I wish Utopia would educate other companies on retail edicate.
Don't wait to long to order. Mine took 6 weeks to arrive as they have quite a lengthy backorder.

I'm gonna give Utopia a spin myself. I just shot of an e-mail to them. I would like to take the seat (and bike) to their shop and have them install the backrest on my one piece Classic seat.

Akron, Ohio is within striking distance for me. Cleveland, Ohio is right at 100 miles from here and Akron is another 30. Besides, my best bud and his wife live right in between and they have HD's. I can get my seat fixed (no pun intended) and visit friends at the same time (If Utopia will do it on site).

I just got one of the Triumph leather jackets on E-bay for 91 bucks, retailed for 350 which is absurd. Did better than 50% off. There is a R3 Gel seat on now for 100 bucks but I like the stock seat. I'll like it better with the backrest.

I'm thinking I want an adjustable drivers backrest. Is the Utopia still the best or has something better come along? I have the 2 piece seats on a 2006 standard.

I'm thinking I want an adjustable drivers backrest. Is the Utopia still the best or has something better come along? I have the 2 piece seats on a 2006 standard.

The Utopia tis what I use, Bill, and I've been happy with it for over two years now.
I purchased it used from @HansO and it's held up well.

While I have the Triumph offering, I had Jeff redo the stock seat on my Honda CTX700D and add a Utopia front position backrest.

I see that Utopia has versions explicitly for the Rockets.

Just finished installing mine tonight, looking forward to riding to work tomorrow.

I have come across praise of Bob's customer service, and he did it again!

Form said I would get it shipped on the 15th (A Monday)... Bob managed to ship it on the 12th, and it was delivered (somehow) on the 15th, Presidents Day!

Just from the initial adjustment, I can tell I am going to be looking for bar risers to bring them back another 2-3 inches now lmfao.

Edit: Forgot to add, everything was nicely powder coated black and had REAL stainless steel fasteners... YAY!

Last edited:
Just finished installing mine tonight, looking forward to riding to work tomorrow.
I have come across praise of Bob's customer service, and he did it again!
Form said I would get it shipped on the 15th (A Monday)... Bob managed to ship it on the 12th, and it was delivered (somehow) on the 15th, Presidents Day!
Just from the initial adjustment, I can tell I am going to be looking for bar risers to bring them back another 2-3 inches now lmfao.

Cough, cough - lotta dust in this old thread!:roll:
I love my Utopia and use the rear bolt and nut to adjust it as far forward as possible.
I too am in search of more pullback! :thumbsup:

Back