Do I still need a tune from HansO?

Gents,
A little update on the overhaul of my beloved bike.
@Baloo + @ABC123
Spoke to Dyna Tech in Tadley today to get an update on the progress on the in depth check and major service. Whilst checking all bearings, found the headstock bearing was 'rumbling' when moving front wheel from lock to lock. pulled old bearings out and there was rust in there! Front forks had unequal amounts of oil in them, although no sign of leaking seals - seals replaced and oil grade 7 installed. Wheel bearings fine, drive shaft re-greased and all fine. Did I mention previously that the clutch seemed to be slipping?? Well, it is so it needs a new one! Still, they have spent the last 2 days with the bike on the Dyno doing the pre adjustment run and changing everything! Started at app. 120hp and 115 ft/lbs torque. Since he has remapped he managed to get up to 148hp and 156ft/lbs torque. These figures were obtained at only 4000 rpm and then the clutch started slipping. New clutch ordered and being fitted next week and then back on the Dyno for full results. New silicon coolant hoses fitted too...
Should be collecting the bike next Saturday along with a raft of print outs from the Dyno!

Gents,
A little update on the overhaul of my beloved bike.
@Baloo + @ABC123
Spoke to Dyna Tech in Tadley today to get an update on the progress on the in depth check and major service. Whilst checking all bearings, found the headstock bearing was 'rumbling' when moving front wheel from lock to lock. pulled old bearings out and there was rust in there! Front forks had unequal amounts of oil in them, although no sign of leaking seals - seals replaced and oil grade 7 installed. Wheel bearings fine, drive shaft re-greased and all fine. Did I mention previously that the clutch seemed to be slipping?? Well, it is so it needs a new one! Still, they have spent the last 2 days with the bike on the Dyno doing the pre adjustment run and changing everything! Started at app. 120hp and 115 ft/lbs torque. Since he has remapped he managed to get up to 148hp and 156ft/lbs torque. These figures were obtained at only 4000 rpm and then the clutch started slipping. New clutch ordered and being fitted next week and then back on the Dyno for full results. New silicon coolant hoses fitted too...
Should be collecting the bike next Saturday along with a raft of print outs from the Dyno!

Refresh us again, what’s changed from stock?

Back