Do I still need a tune from HansO?

@Grumpy Ole Codger

Thanks for posting. :thumbsup:
Is your Standard completely stock here (intake, exhaust, engine)?
I do not understand the "clutch" dyno. What is this about?

Not completely stock. It has the Ramair plus dave pRatt shorties but no other engine works...yet! Bought second hand and wanted it 'serviced' and a complete overhaul of all bearings/moving parts etc. Needed new clutch as was slipping - shows on dyno graph - obtained new kit from USA as was 6 week waiting time here(?) Also new plugs, all fluids, new fork seals, new fork oil - grade 7 - and of course the dyno tune!

Not completely stock. It has the Ramair plus dave pRatt shorties but no other engine works...yet! Bought second hand and wanted it 'serviced' and a complete overhaul of all bearings/moving parts etc. Needed new clutch as was slipping - shows on dyno graph - obtained new kit from USA as was 6 week waiting time here(?) Also new plugs, all fluids, new fork seals, new fork oil - grade 7 - and of course the dyno tune!

You dynoed with a bad clutch? Not on purpose, I hope?!

You dynoed with a bad clutch? Not on purpose, I hope?!

I had felt the clutch slip a couple of times previous to taking the bike to Dyno Tech and presumed it was the clutch cable needing adjustment since changing the bars to the 'T' bars. It was only once on the dyno that it was proved the clutch was bad. Further investigation and all confirmed. Replaced and all good to go!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@ABC123 - glad you managed to find the time to fit the Ramair and the pipes. You'll love the results once Dyno Tech have had her for a day or two! The results when they had finished on mine were a completely different bike, 100% improvement, so much nicer all round. They will do a before and after graphs which is the icing on the cake :cool::cool:
As for the sound, between 3 and 4k rpm... truly addictive and just makes that smile soooo much bigger :D:D

@Grumpy Ole Codger - Well, what a beautiful day for a ride.
I gave the new setup a workout and what a sound! It’s like anti aircraft guns pumping away. It’s booked in to Dynotine for this Tuesday. If I can I’ll get to the meet at the Ace Cafe in London on Saturday. Be good to see and you and the other R3 owners and compare all the different upgrades. Mines standard, apart from the Ramair and DP exhausts.
I took it easy today because it still needs tuning, but if that’s a taste of things to come after the Dyno tune..........
:eek::D

0EC93E48-E53D-4E26-BA5F-B98CE72D7525.jpeg
M
68F7581C-7744-4F95-9BB4-05607C7B014F.jpeg
@Grumpy Ole Codger - So, here are the print outs of my Dyno today.
I asked for smoothness and longevity as priorities and this is how it turned out.
It certainly feels more responsive but mostly small roads and rush hour traffic on the trip home. I’ll open her up on the weekend and see if it feels very different.
I’m pleased with the gains, albeit small ones. Every pony helps.

Back