Do I still need a tune from HansO?

Black is fine, so is mine.
Plus the go faster red stripes.
:p:D

Sung to Red & Black from Les Miserables . . .
Red, the blood of angry men!
Black the dark of ages past!
Red, a world about to dawn!
Black, the night that ends at last!

Red - The color of a dog dick!
Black - Faster than the speed of light!
Red - Pretty, but just not as quick!
Black - To Red, the color recondite!

Speaking to the guys at Dyno Tech, he understood completely what was required and wanted the bike for 2 days minimum just to tune completely. He was also recommending that Triumph function or perform better with using TuneEcu rather than PCV in the UK. Also mentioned that every bike is different due to so many different factors. The loading a generic tune will only ever give an average performance and they all need tweeking to get everything to work together correctly. We shall have to see what the dyno says as a before and after

TWO DAYS!?!?!? :eek: :confused:

TWO DAYS!?!?!? :eek: :confused:
Yep, that's what the guy said - to get it right etc...and that's just the tuning. He said they take it back to basics and then work upwards to get everything working together in harmony to produce max HP and economy. I aint no tuner nor a mechaniccy sort of bloke so I has to believe them when theys says it is like!

Yep, that's what the guy said - to get it right etc...and that's just the tuning. He said they take it back to basics and then work upwards to get everything working together in harmony to produce max HP and economy. I aint no tuner nor a mechaniccy sort of bloke so I has to believe them when theys says it is like!

Sets off a few little warning bells for me . . .
Time is money and all that?
Curious about what are you being charged? Should be in the $300.00 USD range.
Once aboard the dynamometer, my tuner took about an hour for my very first time.
Since then it usually takes about half an hour.
Just sayin . . .

I gotta admit , when you said 2 days I thought that was for everything not just the tune . The initial dyno run , new program written and uploaded followed by one or 2 runs to get spot on , shouldn't take more than 3 hours and that's being pretty conservative. How long have they quoted for the rest of the work ?

Sets off a few little warning bells for me . . .
Time is money and all that?
Curious about what are you being charged? Should be in the $300.00 USD range.
Once aboard the dynamometer, my tuner took about an hour for my very first time.
Since then it usually takes about half an hour.
Just sayin . . .
What the blue blazes is a dynomometer ? You just made that word up surely ?

As per previous post, got the bike for whole week but primarily cos I cannot collect again until the following weekend - working remotely all over UK. They will be replacing all fluids - forks/engine/radiator - swapping hoses - last time I tried this on a car it had an air lock and the engine seized so not touching - greasing and checking all bearings/splines etc...a full overhaul. I bought the bike second hand after it had had a complete nut and bolt rebuild. I ride the bike but I don't know what is good and what is bad - I've never ridden one before and not this one long enough to know any better. I want the security of knowing the bike is tip top shape and any errors are purely my own stupidity and incompetence. Having a lack of mechanical knowledge and trying to learn the hard way is not such a good idea on a motorcycle. In a car you have 4 wheels and if you cock it up there should be at least 3 left! On a bike this is a little more serious and this is one serious machine. There we go - my thoughts and reasons behind handing this beautiful, super sexy, BLUE, extra fast, sleek, eye catchin', beast over to those who know an awful lot better than I do! :notworthy::notworthy:

Right, just spent the last 30mins on the phone to Dyno Tech in Tadley UK - 01256 881 711. They are going to give the bike a complete overhaul, replacing all fluids and oils, check all wheel bearings and replace if needed. They will be removing drive shafts, re-grease splines and check output(?) bearings, replace fork seals and oil and change to grade 7 (as recommended on here), remove throttle bodies, clean, replace vacuum pipes etc new plugs and leads as needed. Once done, will run up on dyno and then re-tune using TuneEcu and map to the bike to get max mpg/power/torque/efficiency and re-run on dyno. Price for all this is approx. £800.00 +vat. Booked for 17th Feb and will be there for a week! More updates to follow. Will probably cost a bit more but it has to better than having a complete half wit fumbling about with a couple of spanners an
Dictionary...lol
No not dictionary , that word already exists . I meant dynomometer . Isn't it Dynometer ?

Back