I don't know what tune I have. I am just about to order tuneecu and the plug. I understand less throttle= less fuel but doing 14000ks .it's something I really don't want to think about
When CRUISING the probability is that you will be operating in the Manifold pressure area of the tune rather than Throttle position. What ups fuel consumption is LOAD too - Wind resistance - twice the speed = 4 times the resistance. My consumption "rockets" when I get over 140kph - always has - and nothing I have remapped makes a blind bit of difference - except to performance.

When CRUISING the probability is that you will be operating in the Manifold pressure area of the tune rather than Throttle position. What ups fuel consumption is LOAD too - Wind resistance - twice the speed = 4 times the resistance. My consumption "rockets" when I get over 140kph - always has - and nothing I have remapped makes a blind bit of difference - except to performance.
I appreciate you comment there is a tune that drops the bike back to 75kw.it the European French tune

Our Rockets have big motors with a need for big amounts of fuel to keep her moving and cool. I have a Dobeck Performance AFR Plus on my Rocket. I can change the AFR to any I choose. If I want extra lean I set it to 15.5. But really all that does is make my right leg hot and doesn't really save any fuel. So I don't do that anymore. I run ethanol free gas so I keep it set on 14.2. With ethanol I change it to 14.7. If fuel economy is most important, consider using a smaller displacement bike. Something that gets 50+ mpg like a Bonneville. Just a thought.

You know thinking about some of the touring I have done, yes it is nice to get 40+ mpg but the even if only getting 32 or so, touring on the Rocket is so fun that the mpg factor just isn't all that important. Think of the fun you are going to have. Man I wish I could take that tour with you.

Ok don't think I've gone mad but I would like to detune my 08 classic. for more mpg . Now you'll see my reasoning I am planning a lap of Australia with a trailer so speed is not what I'm after. Can info this with tuneecu. any help or suggestions please
Hey mate

I have been thinking the same when are you planing to go?

You don't need to detune it. If it is properly tuned then lower throttle positions at particular speeds should already be tuned more economically that WOT. A good tune will give you economy for cruising and power for WOT. What tune do you have in it now?

Is WOT aussie for WFO? :confused: :p
Eschew anything French! :eek: :roll:

If you have open intake and exhaust vs the factory setup, your tune is as much for keeping your engine from running too lean and burning up as it is for performance so detuning back to factory conditions would be bad for the engine. Especially on a long journey

Back