Corbin Seats - Love'em or Hate'em

Corbin Seats - Love'em or Hate'em?

• Love my Corbin Seat

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Hated my Corbin Seat

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Never Tried them

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • It's complicated (Please post details)

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters
Mine felt great from new and just got better with age the heat version is a good option if you have ostieoathritis in the hips or knees ( I have both) as the warm but stimulates the blood flow and makes long days in the saddle even better

As an alternative I went to an auto upholsterer who did bikes and explained what I wanted, what shape I wanted, everyone's backside is different. They also said if you don't like what they do they'll modify it free till you do. I got the seat raised and reshaped, gel installed. The back seat I got reshaped for the wife. They put nice color coded piping on it too. Was about $700NZD (about $350USD) for the front, back, pillion backrest andrider backrest. Still good after many years too. They also did my old Speed Triple as that was a real pain in the....
018a.JPG
019 - Copyb.JPG

I'm nor sure what the magic is, but I put a fastgun on my roadster and loved it so I put a dual tour on my '09. The first time I sat on the roadster I though "Oh $hit. Well that was $400 wasted." But I rode it for a while and loved it.

Corbin seats are as hard as wood bench, and no matter what they say never break in. So if you can sit on a wood chair or plastic bench without pain, a Corbin seat will work for you. They are well shaped and a good fit to the bike. Don't forget your tool less access to the battery is gone, you have to remove 2 screws to remove the seat. I need a soft seat which most people don't like either, so my Corbin didn't last long.

I ended up getting my Triumph Long Haul seat customized. When I was in Sturgis I had a guy from Florida add a memory type foam over the stock foam. I then had him cut out prostate and tailbone relief. Since it was all tore apart I had him recover the seat and both backrests with grey gator material. The bill was just under $500US. I have spent so much money on different seats for this bike it's just insane. I have had the stock, long haul, Corbin and now custom. I should have went custom right away.

Love it.
When I first had a Corbin installed I hated it!
I took it back and had them shave about 1" of top foam off and add 2" of softer foam.
Now its perfect. I did a iron butt 1000 mile ride last year with no issues. Great support, never got sore, or felt any hot spots.
Highly recommend it---with softer top foam.

I have had Mustang, C&C Custom and now on my R3R a Corbin Fast Gun. All the others were good in their own right but I love the Corbin. As an added plus I think the Fast Gun really looks good on the R3R too. One thing we all will probably agree on is ALL the manufacturers stock seats suck!

Back