CORBIN Fairing serious questions

REGULATOR

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 RIII
Ok I have read favorable reviews,
BUT How much better is it then a big ole clearview or stock triumph screen? Also how is the steering effort at speeds or in curves?

if its the Ultimate accessory for high milage riders then say so, if its just a little but better but high cool factor then let me know..

I'm more of a form follows function so if its only a little better then a clearview or other then I can save some bucks, but if the aerodynamics are better as well as the coverage then I'm interested, it looks ok I guess, and it seems it would direct air away from the sides as well as the top not just the front like a conventional screen.

I ride year round, and often do 500+ mile days, as well as I have a 2000 mile trip planned this summer...

I've got my Sprint up for sale and I think if it sells I'll reinvest the money into the rocket and just have one bike for a while...

Therfore I could justify spending the money on a screen and bags...

if the fairing is just ok and not the dogs bollocks then I can stick with the stock triumph one, I thought the clearview I used was too tall although the protection was nice... Is there any air behind the Corbin? How about the updraft? I use the lowers now to block th updraft for extended trips..

thanks.....

I've always found that the clear shields don't provide protection for my hands which the Corbin does well. A real benefit in the cold since you, like I, ride year round.

As far as the lowers, you will want to keep them. I get a lot of updraft and wish that I had some lowers to block it.

My 07 Rocket, (new) has the Corbin fairing with the short windshield and I love it! There is a tremendous amount of air deflection and it does keep the bugs and rocks off your hands as well as the cold air. I rode Harley's for years with only a windshield and the difference is considerable and to me well worth the price. I also have the Corbin bags and like them too, although not as roomy as I would like them to be.

Native One

Regs, I obviously don't have a Corbin fairing but I do have a batwing on my Electra Glide, after which the Corbin is designed. Like tdragger says, it provides good hand protection (to me actually all around better protection), plus the design of it makes it more "slippery" in the wind. From the pics, to me it appears that Corbin has improved a bit on the design. The HD Road King has what I consider to be a better windscreen than the stock Triumph but many RK owners are converting to an after market batwing style fairing.

Plus, you can buy several different windscreen sizes, from about 5 inch for summer to about 16 inch for winter if it is true that the standard HD style after market screens will fit. I believe they do.

right, I'm thinking over all aerodynamics, easing rider fatigue on long trips , protection for hands...

going to keep this bike for a long time, and about to sell my Sprint St so might reinvest some funds...

REGULATOR said:
right, I'm thinking over all aerodynamics, easing rider fatigue on long trips , protection for hands...

going to keep this bike for a long time, and about to sell my Sprint St so might reinvest some funds...
I feel that the Corbin is worth the money. As for aerodynamics I have ridden the Rocket in winds as high as 70mph and no problems. I had to add the taller HD windshield to keep rocks off my chest and hands and it worked beautifully.
Along with the way it looks it is well built! I got caught going too fast and had to do a high speed lane split to keep from rear ending the stopped traffic. So at 70mph I dive into traffic and try to slow the Rocket down. Well I clipped a mirror with the faring and saw the mirror on the car explode, so I kept moving. When I got home, I checked the faring and saw where the mirror contacted the faring. If the faring had not been there the mirror would have hit my hand and probably caused an accident. Well the mark on the faring came out with a little rubbing compound and wax. This shocked me, I thought the faring would have cracked from the hit but no, it proved to me how well it was made!
Dog

Ok I gave it a fair try but it's off the bike and up for sale.

It's well made with a great factory paint, no issue at any speed and the mount system is well thought. The corbin came with the bike (500 miles). The buddies with opinions insist the bike looks best and should ride better with the corbin :roll: . My personal taste is ride bikes without a screen. Riding with the Corbin looks like something my dad would ride. If I want that much wind protection I'll take the convertible out :wink: :)

Back