I think I remember reading on one of the threads that the tubes on C.R. systems are actually to big for a stock motor plus ram-air, is this correct?
HA thats funny and all the exhausts require a modified air intake to compliment a free breating exhaust system and the CARP pipes work great with the highly modified engines

HA thats funny and all the exhausts require a modified air intake to compliment a free breating exhaust system and the CARP pipes work great with the highly modified engines

I thought I'd read they actually breathed to well actually robbing h.p. from no back pressure? I could have misunderstood, that's why I asked it didn't really make sense. Just want to make sure to make the right decision. Once and not repurchase.

I thought I'd read they actually breathed to well actually robbing h.p. from no back pressure? I could have misunderstood, that's why I asked it didn't really make sense. Just want to make sure to make the right decision. Once and not repurchase.
You may get a slightly less unbiased opinion from others if you wait. ;):D

Calling @Paul Bryant or @Neville Lush

Sounds like you need Black OEM TORS;):D.

I must admit I was shocked at the flaking of your DPs in 2 weeks and that was with just the coolest part at the rear what if the whole cans had been black - WTF?.
@sonny should be able to advise how the Black OEM muffler finish holds up as he has just swapped them out for Vikings after 25,000 mile or so of all season riding on his Rocket X.
The coating on stock exhaust on the Rocket X after 25,000 miles still looked brand new. Paul's Exhaust system after 10,000 miles still looks brand new. I can say that the coating on Paul's system is better than what was on the stock system. Do not foresee any problems.:):):):):):):):)

To have replaced the exhaust system on A Rocket X with anything but black would be a disgrace. Horse power gains may be greater with the Carpenter system. With Ramair, Good tune from Hanso and the Pipes from Paul the bike is much faster in the low range ,mid range and top end. Did not loose any low end or mid range at all. Before mods the bikes top end was around 120 MPH. I have had the bike up to 130 MPH after mods with out full throttle. 130 MPH was fast enough and backed down. There are faster makes of bikes other than the Rocket but the rush of hitting the gas and feeling the pulling power of the bike after mods is fantastic. Sounds neat to with the Ramair and pipes going at it. Not over bearing on the noise level just a mean grunt sound. LOVE IT>:):):):):):):):):):):):)

The coating on stock exhaust on the Rocket X after 25,000 miles still looked brand new. Paul's Exhaust system after 10,000 miles still looks brand new. I can say that the coating on Paul's system is better than what was on the stock system. Do not foresee any problems.:):):):):):):):)
THE STOCK HEADER is STAINLESS

To have replaced the exhaust system on A Rocket X with anything but black would be a disgrace. Horse power gains may be greater with the Carpenter system. With Ramair, Good tune from Hanso and the Pipes from Paul the bike is much faster in the low range ,mid range and top end. Did not loose any low end or mid range at all. Before mods the bikes top end was around 120 MPH. I have had the bike up to 130 MPH after mods with out full throttle. 130 MPH was fast enough and backed down. There are faster makes of bikes other than the Rocket but the rush of hitting the gas and feeling the pulling power of the bike after mods is fantastic. Sounds neat to with the Ramair and pipes going at it. Not over bearing on the noise level just a mean grunt sound. LOVE IT>:):):):):):):):):):):):)
YOU can use any color you want on any exhaust system the coating companies are available to everyone and customers can choose any color they desire.

AND you can tune the pipe by using different size baffles

THE STOCK HEADER is STAINLESS
IMG_0159.JPG Maybe but it looked black to me. IMG_0340.JPG All that plus a baffle at no extra cost:p:p:p:p:p:p

Back