Yes I do . Most pubs wouldn't serve it in the late 80s early 90s . Those that did usually ended up calling 999 soon afterwards ! :sneaky:
I recall especially 87-89 as the problem years. I left the youkay in 1990 - nothing to do with a penchant for Snakebite and Vindaloo - honest.

Cannot recall a member of the male species ever drinking a snakebite, you are talking about half lager half cider? if so I always thought that was a woman's drink.
A violent woman if so. It was a serious problem with the yobs. Was seen as a way to get pissed and beyond controlled very fast. Real snakebite was always scrumpy and usually a strongish lager - 1664 iirc was a favourite. And not drunk cold. Cider hits one part of the brain and beer another. A lot of real hardened beer drinkers cannot handle cider and visa versa. @Nat67 dry cider and Carlsberg Elephant would be a "good" bite.

A violent woman if so. It was a serious problem with the yobs. Was seen as a way to get pissed and beyond controlled very fast. Real snakebite was always scrumpy and usually a strongish lager - 1664 iirc was a favourite. And not drunk cold. Cider hits one part of the brain and beer another. A lot of real hardened beer drinkers cannot handle cider and visa versa. @Nat67 dry cider and Carlsberg Elephant would be a "good" bite.
Agree with you about the getting drunk and out of control. only thing I ever liked in my tenants lager was a wee bit of lemonade(lager tops)

Carlsberg special bru and scrumpy landed me before the magistrates on more than one occasion for real ! :unsure:

Back