I meant to say black. And does the powder coating or what ever they use last?
I bought a new black set of D.P slip on's and the paint started flaking off within two weeks. Pretty disappointing.

Needs to be a high heat coating and not just high heat paint for it to hold up. And even then in a few years you will see it deteriorating aesthetically and want to have it redone but 2 weeks?...thats unacceptable.

Ya they sound good and with the ramair and Hanso's tune bike runs great. But for the $ paid makes me nervous to go black.

20160707_155856.jpg
Flaking like this both sides right away

I have all of my systems coated by www.hpcoatings.co.nz
This is a high temp coating that will not burn off and has an internal Ceramic heat barrier coating to help retain the heat with in the pipe.
This is available in either a Satin Black, or a polished Aluminium.
They have a two year warranty on their coating.

I have all of my systems coated by www.hpcoatings.co.nz
This is a high temp coating that will not burn off and has an internal Ceramic heat barrier coating to help retain the heat with in the pipe.
This is available in either a Satin Black, or a polished Aluminium.
They have a two year warranty on their coating.

Paul thanks for your input. I just sent you a E- mail with some of the questions you just answered.

I meant to say black. And does the powder coating or what ever they use last?
I bought a new black set of D.P slip on's and the paint started flaking off within two weeks. Pretty disappointing.
CARPENTER uses the best coating BUT the stainless pipes in natural or polished finish holp up the best better than any coatings

CARPENTER uses the best coating BUT the stainless pipes in natural or polished finish holp up the best better than any coatings

Thank you, From looking at the web site looks like I need to call? I didn't see a E-mail for questions? Did I just over look

I think I remember reading on one of the threads that the tubes on C.R. systems are actually to big for a stock motor plus ram-air, is this correct?

Sounds like you need Black OEM TORS;):D.

I must admit I was shocked at the flaking of your DPs in 2 weeks and that was with just the coolest part at the rear what if the whole cans had been black - WTF?.
@sonny should be able to advise how the Black OEM muffler finish holds up as he has just swapped them out for Vikings after 25,000 mile or so of all season riding on his Rocket X.

Back