Gday Taz, from Melbourne, Aus
Enjoy that Rocket, like you could do anything else!

It really amazes me how many places these Rockets end up around the world. Sure it has had a pretty long production run but I still find it fascinating. There is clearly something to be said for excess...

Maybe not as crazy as a Boss Hog with a V8 but a lot easier to live with on a daily basis. It seems lie a very moddable bike. For those of you who have gone this route, about what does it take to get a solid 170hp at the wheel? Would and slip-on, filters and a remap get me there?

Claviger is your man on this....
I have triple k&n's, pcv, dyno tune loaded off my 2014 into the pcv, Jardine headers and cans and i'm guessing at around 152hp...134rwhp as thats what the 2014 was.
Thats cool by me...sounds real nice and gets off its arse pronto...

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. There is so much to read here and still drinking it all in.

@Claviger - I'll probably start on the motor after I ride it for a month or so and make sure there are no issues. Not to mention if I do the work myself, it is humid, hot as heck right now and my garage has no AC. So it might become a winter DIY project. If I get impatient for more power I may just run the bike to Carpenter and have them build it.

I do see some areas that I'll want to address ASAP such as:
  • Headlights
  • Exhaust, likely a slip-on of some sort
  • Better seat
  • Saddlebags (still deciding on style but maybe leather)
  • Cruise control
  • Better tires
Down the road will likely be:
  • Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Fog/visibility lights
  • Horn
  • Highway pegs
  • Maybe a different windscreen
  • Some tunes
One thing I love about this bike it is so heavy already that added a few more pounds doesn't seem to affect it much.

WELCOME to ya, from WA State!
Sounds to me like you be performance inclined; therefor:
You have listed headlights as #1 - I am impressed that you have your mod priorities correct!
Move top shelf shocks up to #2
Intake and exhaust #3 - Ram Air and a header system, not slip-ons.
Best effective shield for performance IMO, is the Giant Fly from England.
Enjoy the adventure!!!

F09B24FF-A777-4F11-B4B2-5B34C99FBF57.jpeg

Welcome from PA. Your gonna be in love with that gal

Welcome from TN.

Tors, K&N filters and a tune get 137 hp/ 148 tq to the rear wheel. A header will add a bit more but it’ll take cams and pistons to get 175 or better. IMHO.

Back