It really amazes me how many places these Rockets end up around the world. Sure it has had a pretty long production run but I still find it fascinating. There is clearly something to be said for excess...

Maybe not as crazy as a Boss Hog with a V8 but a lot easier to live with on a daily basis. It seems lie a very moddable bike. For those of you who have gone this route, about what does it take to get a solid 170hp at the wheel? Would and slip-on, filters and a remap get me there?
I just put a Carpenter pipe and K&N RX4040 filters and had Carpenter tune my 2006 Classic, and got 167 hp.

Some interesting suggestions here. Definitely want to do the lights ASAP. The adaptives look pretty cool.

As for motor, it seems like the Carpenter builds for the higher HP version (like 240) seem to really move the power up the RPM range. I'd really like to keep it more a low revving motor with instant torque like it has. Maybe a supercharger kit could be a pretty good way to go. I am a big fan of forced induction and have had quite a few turbo bikes. Even a turbo could be interesting on this bike but I think a supercharger might better fit my riding style at the moment.

Or maybe a basic Carpenter kit (210 HP) plus a supercharger... Now that might be some real fun.

Welcome from NW Louisiana! You'll find all your "make her mine" upgrade answers and more here...
-MIG

Hello Taz and welcome from Virginia, you're not a swimmer by any chance are you?

Back