Ha! Some of you guys may be right as far as mods go, aesthetically speaking, so who knows in time. I suppose first I should finish my project truck and get that out of the garage before I do anything on the bike beyond paint, otherwise the wife will really pitch a fit. :eek:

I recently got back into bikes (took a hiatus after an SUV ran through a stop sign and opposing lanes of traffic to cut me off and cause me to crash) and after much deliberation between sport bike and cruiser, I finally settled on the Rocket III. I had already read that it was a good bike for tall riders (I'm 6'4), so that put it on the short list, but after sitting on a 2018 model in the showroom, I instantly fell in love with it. It was just that pesky $15k sticker getting in the way.

I managed to find a few candidates in the used market and after finding one 180 miles away, the wife and I took a 3 hour drive to check it out. I was completely enthralled by the torque. It had the response and pull of a serious sport bike, but the comfort of a cruiser that would make it easy to ride for more than an hour.

This particular bike only had 7600 miles, so with the price at under $8k, I went for it. I will be picking it up from this small chain's much closer store next weekend, but I can't wait to get it. No plans for any mods or anything, will keep it stock, but I do plan to repaint it from metallic black to yellow.
Welcome Jared from the United Kingdom

Been out riding RAA West 2018 . . .
A belated WELCOME to another Texican, from WA State.
Think Leakey . . . !

Last edited:
Jared, welcome from Maine, Captain:) You'll love it more as you get to know the bike.

Hoopla

Back