Bluetooth Intercom Anyone??

HeR3tic

Living Legend
Has anyone gone with a Bluetooth Intercom system. There sure aren't many systems available. Any recommendation or gripes? I'd like a BT enabled MP3 player as well; which there are very few offerings on the horizon.

Pianoman has a system that I've been looking at for a while. It has 3 levels of product and I bought the middle priced one just yesterday. Autocom America has a nice setup for rider/pillon communication, MP3 player connection, Bike-to-Bike communications, Bluetooth and more.

I'm not certain if I understand all there is to know about it but the learning is going to start when it's delivered. Pianoman kinda assisted my decision when he stated his liking for his setup.

The offerings by Scala Rider, TeamSet or the FM model, are curiously setup. The TeamSet has dual thin ear phones, with moble phone and intercom capabilities; while the FM unit also enables 6 preset FM station but has only a single ear phone. And it's not clear whether the TeamSet has the capability to be paired with a BT MP3 player. Scala Rider may be found as Midland, Albretcht, or as Cardco renditions. It's all a bit strange.

bluetooth

I've got the Scala Rider for cell phone (Treo 650) operation only.
Dennis
8 dtg!

Parrot sk4000 Blutetooth Helmet Headset Review

I bought this system a couple of weeks ago. Aside from an atrocious user manual, I'm really pleased with it. It isn't an intercom system, but the helmet speakers are top notch and the Bluetooth connectivity is great. It works flawlessly with my Motorola Droid.

I listen to mp3, Pandora, the GPS, and phone calls with it. I'm not sure why this thing isn't stocked in MC shops all over the place. Had to track it down at Frys.

Here's the link to my full review and pictures, it's a great solution if you're willing to forego having an intercom function:

Parrot SK4000 Review Helmet Headset

I have been using the Chatterbox xbi2 for about 6 months and am pleased with it. I use it with a Gamin Zummo 660 so get the music and phone thru Z660. We use it for rider/passenger communications only, have not tried out bike to bike. I do have the mic on my full face helment set at very bottom as there is not much space between face and chinbar, my wife has mic set up higher as her helment fits different. She hears some wind noise from my mic byut I hear nothing on hers.

before you buy see if you can fit to your helment and make sure speakers and mic fit without discomfort.

The Scala TeamSet Rider is a minimal comms unit for intercom and BT connectivity, with a cell phone. I cant give a blaring endorsement to neither the cell phone connectivity nor the intercom. Marginal at best and as for comment on material and workmanship, I am quite disappointed with the sturdiness of the boom mike connection with the base module that is mounted to the helmet. One of the two in the set is now useless, T.U., toast, broke, POS...useless. It surely isn't military grade.

Back