Best map for r3 2005 classic with bypass and ramair setup

Stevepaff

.020 Over
Ride
2005 R3 classic
Hi guys. Just waiting for my ramair setup to arrive and was wondering what the best map at the moment is for a 2005 r3 with bypass pipe, stock silencers and a bypass pipe fitted is. Not to worried about the secondaries as they saw my toolbox and fell out so will always be 100%.

Cheers for any help.
I've looked thought the resources and tune ecu site and got a little confused which one will be best. So just want to be sure before I screw it up with the wrong tune

Are you running the stock tune from the factory? Perhaps the changes you are making are enough for the bike to adapt to. What kind of gas mileage are you getting? If reasonable mileage is an important factor for you, keep it like it is. I made mods to my 07 Classic. DeCat, RamAir, TOR, O2 sensor Bypass+set-ON and HansO Tune. The bike runs well but mph is 25-26, no matter how I ride. The bike became very noisy. Recently, replaced one of the TOR for an OEM pipe. Sound better, same blasting ride.

If you want to try this tune, I think I can find the .hex for it. The 05 and 07 tunes should be compatible.

The need to mess with the bikes is an almost universal motorcyclist vice. Some bikes lend themselves to modding and the R3 is one of them. Some riders spend a lot of time near the red line. Some of us are lumper and ride in the 2 to 4k rpm range. The redliners benefit the most from mods. Us lumpers enjoy the smell of raw gas in the morning.

Are you running the stock tune from the factory? Perhaps the changes you are making are enough for the bike to adapt to. What kind of gas mileage are you getting? If reasonable mileage is an important factor for you, keep it like it is. I made mods to my 07 Classic. DeCat, RamAir, TOR, O2 sensor Bypass+set-ON and HansO Tune. The bike runs well but mph is 25-26, no matter how I ride. The bike became very noisy. Recently, replaced one of the TOR for an OEM pipe. Sound better, same blasting ride.

If you want to try this tune, I think I can find the .hex for it. The 05 and 07 tunes should be compatible.

The need to mess with the bikes is an almost universal motorcyclist vice. Some bikes lend themselves to modding and the R3 is one of them. Some riders spend a lot of time near the red line. Some of us are lumper and ride in the 2 to 4k rpm range. The redliners benefit the most from mods. Us lumpers enjoy the smell of raw gas in the morning.
Hi mate. Thanks for the reply.
No not running the stock map from the factory as I previously uploaded a map for just the bypass pipe and to set secondaries to 100%.
This map may be enough for just adding the ramair but I just wanted to make sure.
Not worried about gas milage, if I was I wouldn't have bought a rocket lol.
If you could find the map you used that would be awesome. I'll give it a go.

I've got the idle stepper removed as well, at least for now and will set the idle manually, was causing surging and removal has fixed that. Cold start isn't really an issue here as it's pretty warm most of the time. Noise doesn't matter to me either, i just want a bike that runs well.

Cheers for your assistance.

Hi mate. Thanks for the reply.
No not running the stock map from the factory as I previously uploaded a map for just the bypass pipe and to set secondaries to 100%.
This map may be enough for just adding the ramair but I just wanted to make sure.
Not worried about gas milage, if I was I wouldn't have bought a rocket lol.
If you could find the map you used that would be awesome. I'll give it a go.

I've got the idle stepper removed as well, at least for now and will set the idle manually, was causing surging and removal has fixed that. Cold start isn't really an issue here as it's pretty warm most of the time. Noise doesn't matter to me either, i just want a bike that runs well.

Cheers for your assistance.

OK, to make sure you are getting the 100 proof stuff, let's bring Scott Warp99 or Mufasa's expertise. My Tune came from their laptop. I am not sure if my adaptations and O2 sensor setting are best for your situation.

OK, to make sure you are getting the 100 proof stuff, let's bring Scott Warp99 or Mufasa's expertise. My Tune came from their laptop. I am not sure if my adaptations and O2 sensor setting are best for your situation.
That would be awesome to get Thier expertise. Think the ramair kit is about a week away so would love to have a map to use for then.
Again, thanks for your assistance

@warp9.9 recommended the map in my signature, runs good on it, nothing like a custom map made on a dyno though.
Cheers mate. Cannot actually see any signatures. Might be an issue with viewing on my phone, I'll try looking again once I get time to use my computer.
Yep a custom tune would be good but I don't know of anyone local that could do that at the moment.

Back