Batch of Custom Handlebars

I like the R3. And I would like to want to keep it. But... I ride hard, I shift fast and sometimes miss the 1-2 shift from not fully moving the gear selector to 2nd. So, I will most likely be one of the rare transmission failure cases. Maybe not because the design is bad outright, but probably a case of the tranny is not fully designed to handle how I ride.

I'll keep it at least to the end of warranty since Triumph will pay to have it repaired if it ****s the bed. After that, the only thing I know is I won't pay for it to be fixed and I quit wrenching on bikes 17 years ago when I quit racing dirt bikes.

1) Retrain yourself . . . BIGFOOT!!!
2) Maintain a R3R on warranty . . .
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :rolleyes: :p :D

I like the R3. And I would like to want to keep it. But... I ride hard, I shift fast and sometimes miss the 1-2 shift from not fully moving the gear selector to 2nd. So, I will most likely be one of the rare transmission failure cases. Maybe not because the design is bad outright, but probably a case of the tranny is not fully designed to handle how I ride.

I'll keep it at least to the end of warranty since Triumph will pay to have it repaired if it ****s the bed. After that, the only thing I know is I won't pay for it to be fixed and I quit wrenching on bikes 17 years ago when I quit racing dirt bikes.
WORK on perfecting your shifting you will damage the trans with miss shifts ANY TRANS on ANY BIKE

What would you consider replacing it with?

Every time I buy a new bike I tell myself I want something that comes with bags and some wind rain deflection. So if I were to actually follow through, probably a Honda F6B or BMW K 1600 B or K 1600 GT

Then I actually start shopping and I end up with a cruiser with no bags or screen/fairing. I've been thinking about a KTM Super Duke, Yamaha FZ10, Ducati XDiavel S, VMax, not really cruisers, but I like the looks

Every time I buy a new bike I tell myself I want something that comes with bags and some wind rain deflection. So if I were to actually follow through, probably a Honda F6B or BMW K 1600 B or K 1600 GT

Then I actually start shopping and I end up with a cruiser with no bags or screen/fairing. I've been thinking about a KTM Super Duke, Yamaha FZ10, Ducati XDiavel S, VMax, not really cruisers, but I like the looks

I'm seriously considering an F6B this fall but I have to be patient as there are lots of rumors floating around for a completely new ground up F6B and GoldWing for 2018. Different motor, 6 speed or their DCT tranny, better nav system etc. etc. You know how rumors are. That being said I will wait and see.

Back