Batch of Custom Handlebars

I made a couple of sets from 6061-T6 aluminum a few years ago, when I had Access to a CNC Machining Centre. the Gold coloured are 9" rise 7 the Red are 6". The risers where machined from 4" x 1" billet and the round was 1" solid bar, press fitted together. Excuse the junk in the background
20170629_111125.jpg
20170629_111142.jpg
20170629_111817.jpg
20170629_111831.jpg

They look really nice I could be interested, I have the four gauges how would they hook up? And look like?

I am going forward with my Thunderbars inspired handlebars. I am doing a few things differently and was wondering if anyone else is interested in a set. I don't have prices yet, and won't, until after my set is made. This will be done at NO profit to me, 100% transparent on expenses. I am only offering this as an initial feeler for others to gauge interest because I happen to live near facilities that can do all the work.

The idea is design similar to the 1.5" Tbars, but with a little (1-2") more pull-back towards you, a little bit narrower, and with a plate built in that will mount the gauges above the bars instead of below, giving you vastly more ability to adjust the height of the bars. This also makes any 1" bar clamp an option and frees you of the giant piece Triumph uses. Powdercoating is an option for me here locally pretty easily, or, they could be sent out raw to be polished by the buyer.

OH

And they'll be 6063 aluminum, 0.25" wall thickness so quite strong, and about 1/3 the weight of the steel version.

I'll add drawings here of the concept and eventually, the finished product once I have my set done. If your interested in a set, please let me know below so I can do some material cost estimates, as always the more material the less it costs per unit so yeah.

Quickly roughed out initial costs are:
~ $95.00 for raw materials
~ $170.00 for the welding/bending work
~ $50-100 for powerdcoating
yep I'm interested .c how they go .mines a o7 model

I am going forward with my Thunderbars inspired handlebars. I am doing a few things differently and was wondering if anyone else is interested in a set. I don't have prices yet, and won't, until after my set is made. This will be done at NO profit to me, 100% transparent on expenses. I am only offering this as an initial feeler for others to gauge interest because I happen to live near facilities that can do all the work.

The idea is design similar to the 1.5" Tbars, but with a little (1-2") more pull-back towards you, a little bit narrower, and with a plate built in that will mount the gauges above the bars instead of below, giving you vastly more ability to adjust the height of the bars. This also makes any 1" bar clamp an option and frees you of the giant piece Triumph uses. Powdercoating is an option for me here locally pretty easily, or, they could be sent out raw to be polished by the buyer.

OH

And they'll be 6063 aluminum, 0.25" wall thickness so quite strong, and about 1/3 the weight of the steel version.

I'll add drawings here of the concept and eventually, the finished product once I have my set done. If your interested in a set, please let me know below so I can do some material cost estimates, as always the more material the less it costs per unit so yeah.

Quickly roughed out initial costs are:
~ $95.00 for raw materials
~ $170.00 for the welding/bending work
~ $50-100 for powerdcoating

I am interested in a set. Were these ever produced?

Can anyone tell me why using stainless steel for the base material would be a bad idea? I know that wouldn't offer the weight savings that has been a goal here, but it seems like it is getting more difficult to get a polished metal look. I really don't like the stock bars. I don't like the look and have never been able to get them adjusted to a comfortable wrist position.

All,
I do still intend to move forward with this project, however, my big Triumphs been away for a long time getting surgery in New Jersey. It will probably be a winter project when the bike gets back, I kind of sent it off off quickly and unexpectedly earlier this year.

-Rob

Rob you forgot to mention, being Alloy they will also dampen Vibration to a certain extent but more than steel bars can, if I still had my R3 I would definitely be interested, I always switched my dirt bike bars to alloy because it just felt better at the end of a day without all the buzzing dirtbike gave you
I dont think the aluminum bars will stop the vibration I found the opposite when we used them a set of bar end weights will help

Back