My Rocket glide, custom, work in progress.

Onewheelwonder

.020 Over
Ride
2006 O.G. Rocket III
My work in progress.
2005 standard,
DeCosse keyless ignition,
1 1/2" diameter 20" Buffalo bars,
2008 Speed triple throttle cable housing,
Daytona 675 front radial master cylinder,
Daytona 675 clutch perch,
SS braided cables and lines,
Custom mounted Arlen Ness mirrors,
HD halo switchback signals,
'08 HD Road glide fairing,
'14 HD road glide fairing mount (adjustable) customized to mount to rocket frame,
'08 speed triple headlights w/ Morimoto halos and led bulbs,
J&M 7 1/4" speakers and amp,
Sony deck,
'13 crate engine,
Hand ported, polished, port matched head,
K&n pods,
Secondaries removed,
Ported intake boots,
Crankcase breather catch can,
Carpenter street rod,
Custom foot controls,
Mini floorboards,
Custom gel seats (HD seats modified to fit modified rocket pans and gel added),
LED lizard lights for fun,
Rear fender from I don't know what, customized to fit,
LED penny light rear signals,
Old school 1940's tail light.

Waiting for winter for paint and more .

Attachments

• 20220918_141259.jpg
    20220918_141259.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 20220918_141240.jpg
    20220918_141240.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 20220918_110030.jpg
    20220918_110030.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 20220918_110021.jpg
    20220918_110021.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 20220918_110013.jpg
    20220918_110013.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 98
The whole point of a custom bike is to be different. That's why we build them. This isn't a track bike by any means, although I'll take it on one any day. The power mods are for fun, the suspension and brake mods were done simply because, as we all know, both in factory form are atrocious.
As for safely operating, handlebar design isn't the part that effects that. It's the part a rider carries between his ears that makes a bike safe. I've ridden with these bars for 2 years all over with zero issues. In fact I rode darkside with them all last season including the tail that way, and waited at the bottom for the rest of my group, lol. in the end, I built it for longer rides and comfort, arthritic wrists don't like to be leaned on anymore.
As for enjoying it, I love showing the guys with the "fast bikes" my tail light after the front wheel touches down and waiting for the group after losing them in the twisties. Lol

awesome!!!! I"m slowly getting parts together, so I can get my '07 done over the winter. have the fairing purchased, speaker grills, saving for stereo, speakers, windshield, frame mount ( may attempt to fabricate), and either paint or wrap the outer.

was there much modification required to install the mount to the frame??

thanks,

Bull

My work in progress.
2005 standard,
DeCosse keyless ignition,
1 1/2" diameter 20" Buffalo bars,
2008 Speed triple throttle cable housing,
Daytona 675 front radial master cylinder,
Daytona 675 clutch perch,
SS braided cables and lines,
Custom mounted Arlen Ness mirrors,
HD halo switchback signals,
'08 HD Road glide fairing,
'14 HD road glide fairing mount (adjustable) customized to mount to rocket frame,
'08 speed triple headlights w/ Morimoto halos and led bulbs,
J&M 7 1/4" speakers and amp,
Sony deck,
'13 crate engine,
Hand ported, polished, port matched head,
K&n pods,
Secondaries removed,
Ported intake boots,
Crankcase breather catch can,
Carpenter street rod,
Custom foot controls,
Mini floorboards,
Custom gel seats (HD seats modified to fit modified rocket pans and gel added),
LED lizard lights for fun,
Rear fender from I don't know what, customized to fit,
LED penny light rear signals,
Old school 1940's tail light.

Waiting for winter for paint and more .
I meant to ask, what guages did you mount in the fairing???

Thx in advance,

Bull

The whole point of a custom bike is to be different. That's why we build them. This isn't a track bike by any means, although I'll take it on one any day. The power mods are for fun, the suspension and brake mods were done simply because, as we all know, both in factory form are atrocious.
As for safely operating, handlebar design isn't the part that effects that. It's the part a rider carries between his ears that makes a bike safe. I've ridden with these bars for 2 years all over with zero issues. In fact I rode darkside with them all last season including the tail that way, and waited at the bottom for the rest of my group, lol. in the end, I built it for longer rides and comfort, arthritic wrists don't like to be leaned on anymore.
As for enjoying it, I love showing the guys with the "fast bikes" my tail light after the front wheel touches down and waiting for the group after losing them in the twisties. Lol
Not to be contrary, but it now looks no different to so many Harleys out there. But, to each his own. I suppose the title of your thread already alluded it to. Nice power upgrades though.

Not to be contrary, but it now looks no different to so many Harleys out there. But, to each his own. I suppose the title of your thread already alluded it to. Nice power upgrades though.
Harley? I missed it. The fairing, but everything else is clearly Rocketish. Big difference between this and. Harley glide.

Back