Another New Touring Owner

I received a reply from Bob at JBQ and they do have one more front bracket in stock but they have not been a successful item, the reason being is that one can lift the Rocket from the rear. I learned that using the custom made brackets with my Classic Tourer. This is really a trick bracket though and I'll be purchasing the rear bracket tonight. Thanks for the recommendation.

I found that one of my wife's cake pans was perfect for oil changes. For some reason she was not happy with me though. Hmmm. I still have the pan in my shop. She didn't want it back. :D

The bracket and my Condor will make oil changes easy. Same with tires. I found that if I lifted the Classic at that balance point, I could change tires. I lifted it just an inch or so off the shop floor and then removed a tire. If it was the front, the bike settled on the rear and vice versa. It will be interesting to see if the Touring has the same balance.

Saw your tire post Phil. Thanks again.

I'm just happy that the former Commander is now a Captain once again, Mike!;)

No Phil. I retired as a Captain in 2003, but that was a long time ago. I enlisted in 1967. But we are all Rocket Captains now.

Last edited:
I hate to pose a question that has already been answered but where can one purchase a factory service manual on line. I did a forum search but got a ton of hits on way too many threads that have nothing to do with the question.

I've also did web search and found many PDF sources but I want a printed service manual for my 09 Touring. I searched ebay and everything Triumph popped up, which is one of the reasons I don't like ebay. It's too difficult to refine a search. Soooo. I want a printed factory service manual which I have for every bike I own. Is there any source other than corporate Triumph?

Hello Mike, I cannot help you with the manual and the way I changed the oil in my R3T is not going to please you either. I simply pushed an oil pan under it, removed the three plugs and let in drain down. Then removed the oil filter. I was not aware that I needed new washers until all three plugs were out. Luckily mine were in good shape and I reused them.

There is a gent on here with a link in his posts which lets you download a Rocket service manual. It will use up plenty toner or ink to print, but is very worth it to have.

Thanks guys. Was able to find one new for about $75. I also found that I had downloaded an older version back in about 2008 when I had my 07 Classic. I gave the hard copy manual to my son when I gave him the bike.

howdy Mike. it seems you have been around awhile. congrats on the R3T. I love mine.

I'm finding that I really do like it Norm. Back when I had my Classic I couldn't understand why anyone would want a Touring. Now I know.

Back