Another New Touring Owner

Navigator

Living Legend
Ride
2009 Rocket Touring
Well now that I have a Touring, I have a lot to learn about this model, even such as changing the oil. It seems a bit lower. As I recall on my Classic, I used to pull it into a Condor chock and then lift the bike up level. I had to "feet" with a pin that slid into the lifting holes. It was sent to me by a member on another Rocket forum. I'm interested in how others lift the bike without the feet. I know some of the UK riders use them which I believe is where the idea came from. I'll post a couple of pics after I reduce the file sizes. I think this one isn't too large:

R3T (2099 x 1502).jpg

Welcome from Pukekohe, New Zealand. Love my Touring. I take it to my Panelbeater Mates and use his 4 post car lift thing :)

I have a table lift and two scissors jacks, one about 10 inch square and the other about 6"x12. I used the latter with the adapters. I'll figure something out. That four post lift must make it real easy. I know some guys who belong to the local Saints Car Club that have those.

The previous owner had all of the bling which is visible in the picture plus a standard and extra tall windscreen. I might have mentioned that in another post. It also has a Garmin Zumo GPS, halogen spotlights that I'll relocate to the engine guards plus a standard and touring seat. It's in excellent shape. I'll replace the oil and the coolant shortly after I get a shop manual to ensure I do the latter correctly. I'll have the 10K service done in Seattle and then do the rest myself.

Edit: That's a trick little lifting bracket and employs the same principle as the two brackets only with the brackets one has to remember to not ride off with them

Edit: That's a trick little lifting bracket and employs the same principle as the two brackets only with the brackets one has to remember to not ride off with them
The point seems to be that you leave them on.

"Jack-Be-Quick stays mounted to the frame and is safely and neatly tucked out of the way. It has adequate ground clearance for the tightest of cornering, and is powder coated in matte black to blend unobtrusively with the Rocket’s frame, becoming an integral part of it. Should the need arise, it is also easily removable."

The front one will help protect the sump too - And adding a Sump plate under would work well. Makes one think......

The front JBQ is meant for when you don't want to raise the whole bike, you use that end and you can have just the front wheel up, or tip it and the rear wheel rises. I have both but have on first hand knowledge that the front one has not been purchased in great volume. Possibly when they sell out they are gone. But I am sure if demand appeared, the machines of progress would make more. It's very much a cottage industry and very flexible.

Congrats, Mike.:thumbsup:

Smooth sailing, my friend.

Check that other thread for updated tire recommendations!;)

Back