Alternative tank badges ?

KTRIC

.020 Over
Ride
2014 Roadster
I haven't even taken delivery of my R3R yet but I've been keeping busy buying nice things for its arrival and deciding on what I want to change on it. One thing that struck me was the tank badges on the 2014 models. A lot of imagination wasn't put into them compared to the older badges or even some of the nicer ones from the Bonneville bikes.

What I'm thinking is removing them and fitting other Triumph badges in their place, has anyone done this and can recommend any ones in particular that would fit ??

Don't know about alternative badges, but when you remove the stock ones there will be two holes on either side of the tank. I put spikes in mine

Don't know about alternative badges, but when you remove the stock ones there will be two holes on either side of the tank. I put spikes in mine

Are they not glued on ? Dont remember seeing screws on the parts diagram for the bike ?

They are held in place using body moulding adhesive strips, but there are two locator tabs that fit in the holes in the tank. I'm sure so that it is easier to correctly fit the badges during assembly at the factory

I confirm the two holes with a diameter of 1 quarter inch and one inch deep mine were not even glued on but held by the plastic tabs

Nice! Enjoyed the other pics in photobucket. Can't help but wonder, do you ever ride it? It is so immaculate. There is no soot in the silencers!
Firstly sorry for thread hijack
My rocket has become a project toy, lots of rebuilds, now on its third set of cams, forth pistons,third valves, forth exhaust & many special mods in search of some very high power over nearly ten years, all of which is too much for me but I'm not sure I can stop. :evil:

Different tank badges would look good .. the 'mouthorgan' style they have on the Scrambler/ Thruxton models would look pretty trick. I don't think the new style tank badge is an improvement over the earlier ones. Bit of effort and you'd have a pretty unique look. Let us know how you go :thumbsup:

Back