This is the top rated monkey butt killer on the market... depending on where you buy $150 to $200 US. It has a nice cover and some easy to use straps to keep it in place. When you sit on it it doesn't move at all, the straps are just to make sure it doesn't blow away if you stand up for a bit while riding.

You fill it with air... and then sit on it. You use a handy air valve to bleed off some of the air to get the proper "fit". It doesn't take very much air for it to work.. it almost seemed it was somewhat deflated for me. You can use the air valve while riding.

I had some problems. I had it positioned too far rearwards at first and it put a lot of pressure on my tailbone because of the shape of the Corbin seat. So I stopped and moved it foreward and this helped. I had to let some more air out of it to get a comfortable "fit". A big problem arose... no matter how I sat on the Air Hawk, it strectched my previously loose jeans tight across my butt and this made me almost as uncomfortable as having monkey butt.

This is only one 60 mile ride. I need to play with it and see if I can get better results. It did show some potential. It works by transferring air from one chamber to another thereby alieviating pressure points. You can tell you are sitting taller in the saddle.

I wouldn't run right out and buy one of these quite yet, so far I am thinking that the Corbin Fastgun by itself is a better setup.... I'll put a few more miles on this and tell you how it goes..

Last edited:
You really have a nice looking seat Tomo. Saddle seats are ergonomic nightmares as they offer no pressure relief on our precious tail bones. Hopefully the airhawk will help.

My aqua-aire is ugly and has no holding strap but what is does have is a tail bone cut out which is a gem on long trips. After all it was designed for wheelchair bound folks.

As I've mentioned before there's a real opportunity here for some entrepreneur to break out with a decent looking, strappable, tail bone relieving cushion.

OR

Would it be so bad to have an aftermarket seat, not cushion, that offers the amenities of a true ergonomic seat complete with tail bone cutout.......probably.......:( :)

Your seat idea is fantastic, maybe we should go into business. I still am not wild about the Air Hawk, so much so that I just ordered an Aussie sheepskin from Alaska Leather, it will probably get here sometime early next week. It should fit the Corbin much better, I am begining to believe the shape of the Corbin is what is stopping the Air Hawk from being more comfortable. I'll bet the Air Hawk would be wonderful on a flatter stock style seat...

Got close to 1400 and on more than half tank jaunts I find I stick from sweat down here in humidity land,somebody suggested silk,hmmm interesting,however reading further that bicyclists shorts help.I use the rear pegs a lot when not in traffic and find it relieves my back.Toystoretom I think your Airhawk with sheepskin is a great idea and may take it up myself.:eek:

Back