Aftermarket pipes/Jardine

I recently installed the Jardine full system ($925.00), and the PC3. Then I had her custom Dynod it posted 152HP at the wheel, 150 ft tourque. They sound great, not too loud it depends on your right wrist. Like a Porche on steroids:eek:

Jardine and PCIII

Just had my bike dyno'd with the Jardine full system and the PCIII and my max power was 144.7 RWHP and 149.6 ft-lbs torque. Wonder why the >6HP difference. Any ideas??

Dyno's are all different... it appears. Some are "Net" and some are "Gross". All of them vary a tad due to atmospheric conditions and temps... and elevation. They correct for this but...

Dyno's just are very standardized. Different manufacturers will give different readings. I think the key is to use the same dyno and compare current runs to past runs to see if your tuning work has helped or hurt your bike's performance. It's a stretch to compare readings from one dyno to another. You might get a better comparison if everyone was to use the same company... something like DynoJet tuning centers, but even then, I don't know how accurate or meaningful these comparisons will be.

That's why there are dragstrips...:eek:

Silencer Upgrade

I've looked under every rug and behind every door but haven't found what surely has been a topic for discussion at one time or two.

What a misnomer: Silencer Upgrade

Q: Why is the silencer upgrade for use with only one specific set of silencers. If we don't stop it somewhere we'll soon refer to state lines as borders or illegals as immigrants. For us red-necks (poor dirt farmer) those would be CAT by-pass and mufflers. Could it possibly be that these two items (bypass+TORs) are stated "for 'off-road' (track) use only"; and, thereby leaving the legal department some wiggle room. The real bottom line question is whether the CAT b-pass will readily fit up to any of the "stock" mufflers including those on Classics and Tourers?

Thanks Pig9r. I'd not have taken the step towards neutering the CAT had not the most recent 50% off deal come along. Yes, I jumped before I looked but time was critical. If they don't work with these stock bologna pipes I'm sure I can find someone to unload them on.

Last edited:
Rest assured the cat doesn't have to be neutered and he can spend the rest of his life on a shelf in your garage. The triumph cat bypass with work with all stock triumph pipes and the TOR pipes. Some riders install the bypass and keep the stock silencers, some have mix matched stock pipes with TOR's for that "not so loud but louder than stock" sound. The maddog pipes also fit the bypass so well that you don't need any sort of pipe clamp to secure them.

Looks like you have some political tourette's with the small subliminal messages.;)

I'm just pissed I didn't get my bypass for 50% off. I might have actually told my wife I bought one, when I did, if I could of gotten such a deal.

D&D are the cheapest aftermarkets @ 499.00 USD. Remember as Pign9 stated they are 3 into 2, meaning no third pipe on the left side, just two pipes on the right like (here I go) Harley D's. If you can live with that get um. They do sound great,...real chick magnets,.....Ive heard......:eek: :D

Has anyone gone the Swede route? Got a Raask 3-1 Slip-on coming that hooks up to the original manifold. Chrome reverse cone kindothang. Omar's Cafe will deliver one to da howse for $395. It leaves the left side naked so a lot of folks won't like the imballance. Had a similar 3-1 on a BSA triple and it arced like a big dawg. Hope at 3300 ft above sea level it won't be too far off with a stock air filter (no seat baffles)?:cool: Any thoughts?

Somewhere, perhaps on the thread Pig9r linked to, was a comparison table showing the diminished HP with 3-2 and greater with 3-1 setups. Like Pianoman said, his 3-1-3 setup would top out for the exhaust concern.

tuneboy's input regarding the middle cylinder was enlightening. Thanks. Why? remains a posed question.

Back