2018 Triumph Rocket

So they kill you, do you expect to live forever (kidding)? If mums the word and you wanted something better then stock, would you continue spending money on your current bike or save for maybe something new?

Just made my last payment!! Trade in Would make a nice down payment"

Don’t really care what they do either way, more interested and curious. I’m lucky enough to have them in my stable. My thought’s would be a Rocket that’s fully dressed. Something that compeats with other machines in the touring class in the way of storage and gadgets. As for me the classic look has always won me over. Still in the end I’m excited to hear the news....

Don’t really care what they do either way, more interested and curious. I’m lucky enough to have them in my stable. My thought’s would be a Rocket that’s fully dressed. Something that compeats with other machines in the touring class in the way of storage and gadgets. As for me the classic look has always won me over. Still in the end I’m excited to hear the news....
I agree completely. A full dressed touring bike would be great.

OK I've got my helmet, flak jacket, and force field up, so go ahead and take your best shot.

So I was dreaming of a Rocket with an automatic tranny.:unsure: :eek: Why not? Is size and weight an issue?

Seems that there would be an immediate down shift based upon throttle input, no down shifting 2 gears to get into the power band.:D

I think Honda had an auto for a short time on the gold wing. Haven't heard much about it since.

Yes it would require a seperate fluid and cooling what else is a negative?

I would insist upon a manual switch also, so if you wanted better control at times you could have it. Not a good as a standard granted, but how many of us really push the Rocket to the limits?

Anyways just thought I would throw it out there,

Hoopla

So, let me throw out my prediction for a 2018 model...

2500cc with throttle by wire to include cruise control.

At least 2 versions, one of which will be a real touring bike. All versions will have more amenities and technology like on bikes by other manufacturers.

Not sure if the new model will still be called a Rocket 3 or something else.

Probably a fairly decent price increase (especially for the touring model). I have always been pleasantly surprised by the very reasonable cost of the Rocket 3.

Really hope it comes in black like my other bikes...

Last edited:
I don't think there will be a 2018 model, unless left over parts in the factory can have some made up. But I think all our prognosticating is going to turn into a 2019 model whatever it might be. I do think at least two versions will be on tap and one with more touristic features, than the current R3T which seems to compete somewhat with a Road King. Of course the RK is nowhere near as powerful.

Somebody on the Forum mentioned being at a really big bike show last Spring and Triumph USA was there asking what riders would like to see in a new Rocket. I assumed that with the time necessary to provide the feedback to the engineers/designers, etc. and getting it into production, the earliest we would see a new Rocket model would be 2019.

What made me think (hope) that we might see a new 2018 Rocket model is that Concord (NH) Triumph got 20 new 2017 R3Rs this Summer that they were selling at $10,999 OTD which is $4700 off MSRP. Was Triumph USA giving Concord Triumph a sweetheart deal to move the 2017s prior to announcing a new 2018 model?!?

I believe the big US Triumph dealer show is currently underway in the Washington DC area so we might hear something one way or another soon...

Last edited:
It was me I was at the Chicago IMS show last February and was shown some virtual pictures of the new concept for the Rocket replacement. At the time they were talking about 2500 cc and 170 hp in the same triple configuration we have in the Rocket. I would think spring of 2018 would be too soon, but maybe fall 2018? No clue how long it would take to develop. We will know when it is close. Seems to always be some spy shots of testing, then limited showing then release.

Back