ZUMO 595LM with 2x Garmin TPMS

I bought the Zumo 550 awhile ago because it was water proof. Shamefully it's been in the box more than on the bike.I went out and bought a cheap one of a tow truck driver for $50. Mine cost me $750.00 something psychologically about costing me that much keeps me from using it. ??? :rolleyes:

I bought the Zumo 550 awhile ago because it was water proof. Shamefully it's been in the box more than on the bike.I went out and bought a cheap one of a tow truck driver for $50. Mine cost me $750.00 something psychologically about costing me that much keeps me from using it. ??? :rolleyes:

I prefer the larger 5" screen of the 595 or the 660, which I have now.
The 3.5" screen on the 550 is too small for me.
(penis envy, you know!?!?!?) :eek: :roll: :p

The tyre pressure valve on the Roadster rear is a real PITA to measure and hold a nozzle to, especially with the thread-on brass nozzle version on my HD compressor I store in the free airbox under the seat.
After my 3000Km trip to the RDU and Brisbane last month I had a rush of blood last night and bought a 2016 Zumo 595LM with 2 x TPMS. With my crap ability to switch quickly from far to close distance eye focus I found the cheap car 4.3" GPS's too small and impossible to see in the sunlight. Hopefully this 5" with daylight view capability will prove up to the job. Stripped all my winter Roadster screen and lips/extensions etc off and back to the black fly screen for summer. Took my 'famed';) leather rear case with external Rocket fuel tanks off too, and really appreciate the EZ Brackets for removing leather panniers for washing and polishing.

Kogan an online store in Australia has the 595LM for AUD$842.71 +$14 postage =
AUD$856.71 (US$634) and I sourced the 2x Garmin TPMS for AUD$175 (US$130) on eBay. I got a 10% off voucher code for the TPMS and $8 postage.
Genuine Garmin zumo GPS 390 395 590 595 TWO Tyre Pressure Sensors 010-11997-002 | eBay

I was really pissed off though as I had also seen that same discount come up for the 595LM on Kogan's eBay listing earlier (which started at AUD$886.69) and had intended to use that too.
Garmin zumo 010-01603-20 | eBay

But when I went to use it it seems it was a once only Birthday Voucher that I had just used for the miserly $17.50 discount off the TPMS. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:.

So back to the Kogan non-eBay online listing for the AUD$856.71 price +AU $165.46 = TOTAL AUD$1022 (US$756).
Garmin zumo 010-01603-20 | Replacement Parts |

Could have got them together on eBay with the very slightly superceded Zumo 590LM model with 2x Garim TPMS for AUD$950 (US$703) but what the heck it was my BD :D
Garmin ZUMO 590LM Motorcycle GPS & 2 x Tyre Pressure with AUST GARMIN WARRANTY 753759112776 | eBay

I'll have to go to @HansO school to learn how to drive it when it arrives as he swears by his Zumo 660

Ishrub, do you have a photo of the Garmin mounted in relation to the flyscreen. Not much room behind it, so was thinking I might have to mount it to the side. Mine arrives Thursday, so keen to get some ideas

Ishrub, do you have a photo of the Garmin mounted in relation to the flyscreen. Not much room behind it, so was thinking I might have to mount it to the side. Mine arrives Thursday, so keen to get some ideas
Mick fairly sure it will come with same or similar mounting kit (RAM Mount) i used the U bolt to attach right next to the bar mounting clamp and sat the GPS of to the left side for a while then later bought the longer RAM connecting clamp and moved it up behind the Speedo hope this helps you PM/conversation me your mob number and best time to call so I can better explain how I mounted it

Mick fairly sure it will come with same or similar mounting kit (RAM Mount) i used the U bolt to attach right next to the bar mounting clamp and sat the GPS of to the left side for a while then later bought the longer RAM connecting clamp and moved it up behind the Speedo hope this helps you PM/conversation me your mob number and best time to call so I can better explain how I mounted it

Thanks Hanso, you are very helpful. I understand your explanation and I have a few RAM fittings at home already. When I get the Zumo later this week I will have a go at mounting it and see how it works out. I was concerned it would not fit between the flyscreen and the speedo, but if you have done it before, it must be do-able. Thanks for the heads up, Mick

Similar to Hans, I got a 6" extension mounted adjacent to the right side bar clamp. It tilts a little left and places my Zumo 660 just above and centered over the gauges and under my fly XL.

Back