Who's Beaten the Snow???

Looking at a rough ride here in a few days. Oklahoma to the Pacific Ocean. Don't give a Fuc& going to live up to moms last wish. Wants her ashes speckled over the Pacific. Also requested to be delivered by motorcycle. Am it. Gonna be one tough ride.

Sonny,

That's an honorable way to remember your mom. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ride safe in those mountains.

Mom always said ride hard and be proud. Gonna do it. My grandmother was the same figure it is fitting to do the same. Request was the same from both. took all this time to figure were they were coming from but after talk with dad who never has been on a bike figured it out. Gonna be meeting up with a few folks when i get there.

Seems like a perfectly good way to get home after a night on the turps to me!;):D:roll::roll::roll:
The pics I posted were of Honeymoon Island State Park (Beach) north of Dunedin.
Not too far from me, cousin was here Saturday from, oops, Dunellon, Dunedin is by Tampa,
IMG_20190216_094924971_HDR.jpg
different spot. Beach pic I thought was gone.

Is that a '75 F100 truck? @Navigator

I had a '74 F250 4x4 with a Canadian 300CI straight 6 with forged crank and Holley 350. Got about 11 Mpg and that was our big 4.54 litre ones.;) Though I did have a twin axle tipping trailer on it or a small Kubota tractor and slasher with it pretty often.
It had the Dana's front and rear and big drum brakes all round:eek::rolleyes::whitstling::whitstling:.

Mine had a horrible habit of losing all lights without warning for a few seconds before coming back on while driving home in the dark from my bush block! Freaked a few approaching vehicles out but never found the cause.:eek:

I had a '63 F350 Dually flatbed too I towed to a mate's place for parts but I'm sure it still sits there rotting on a 5 acre block South of Darwin with another '78 F100 I left there too..

It is a 1973 which was a transition year. In 1974 the box was changed with smaller wheel wells. Mine is what is referred to as a Heavy Half, with 3/4 ton suspension and brakes. The engine is a 390 and I have all of the mechanical receipts on it going back to 1973. My friend and I also had a Positronix electronic ignition installed when we did the intake/carb

The 300 cid six is one of the best engines ever built by Ford. I had one in a 1993 F150. They were bullet proof and could pull the gates off of hell. The electrical problem you experienced must have been a grounding problem from a frayed wire or some such. The electrics on those old Fords were pretty simple

And now I don't know what I'm going to do with the old beast. I need the shop space and rarely drive it, especially in bad weather.

Edelbrocks.jpg

F100 & Nomad (1632 x 1224).jpg

Just remember you can still look at it and start her up every now again.

Yeah that 6 was certainly a puller. ;):D

The F150 and F250 2wd only had the cast crank version while F250 4x4 had the upgraded forged crank used in the same engine with their Ford 6 tonne cabin truck range at the time I read somewhere when I had it.

I had a '74 F-150. They sure were easy to fix back then. Did everything on it myself. $30 for a fuel pump, about the same for an alternator. I could practically stand inside the engine compartment.

Back