Who's Beaten the Snow???

Hel& am happy with the outer banks and hoping i don't get thrown in jail. Have been known to tie one on and regret it in the morning. Got reservations in a really sharp joint after Maggie Valley. Wife is betting I get ****3e up and thrown in the pokey. She checked out the place and commented your way out of your league. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Low life enjoying the high life.

Had to look up where Punta Gorda was. Nice area. There are so many places in Florida in which I think I could live. My wife is a Pacific Northwest girl so she's not so enthusiastic about Florida.

Our daughter and her husband had a beautiful home in Niceville, FL with an enclosed swimming pool in a lovely neighborhood. She was stationed at the Eglin AFB hospital with her Army helo pilot husband posted at Ft Rucker in Alabama. I was very sorry that they transferred to the Colorado Springs area because I loved the Niceville area and Scot in Exile could buy me breakfast every Saturday morning.

We thought she'd move back there upon she and her husband's retirements but they are very much enjoying Colorado and the seasons. She told me that she'd missed the seasons, living in Maine and Virginia during my Navy career. She sent me this pic of Pikes Peak, taken from her driveway a few days ago. It's difficult to argue with this.
Pikes Peak.jpg

Several of my friends have ridden to the top, getting oxygen from the EMTs when they arrived. I'll be riding it this summer. And typical of Colorado, she was shoveling snow a couple of weeks before this pic was taken.

Last edited:
Some of my best times have been spent riding the inner sides of Florida. Not coastal rides and very hostile weather. Hot and wet.:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky: Comments made by a retired SMC:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Well I do recall when I was stationed in Florida at the Navy Base Mayport that the summers were incredibly hot and humid. We lived in base housing a block from the beach and the water was so warm during summer it wasn't even worth going for a swim.

Back