Who's Beaten the Snow???

Roads are salted, temps cold, but only rain. Very little snow. Another bust for a winter here. I don’t like to ride on the salt, but been able to get out a few times after the rain so instead of winter, more like a couple of bad riding months.

We live north of 1obull on the west side of Puget Sound and had 19 inches. What a mess. We kept power but have had no mail or garbage service in over a week.
Front.jpg
From my front porch
Shop.jpg
My shop from dining room window

I'm glad to report though that my Rocket and old Ford were snug and warm in the shop. :cool: Prior to the storm, I drove the Ford up to Gig Harbor to fill it with non-ethanol gas and do a test on the newly installed Edelbrock intake manifold and 4 barrel 60CFM carb. She ran like a scalded ape.
The Pair.jpg

Well girls and guys, it looks like my home town and most of the central north have been getting record cold weather and snow.

Tell us how you've beaten the snow/cold.

It's still kicking my butt but not for much longer:

Confirmation (JetBlue Airways)

Departure Thu, Mar 7
Rochester (ROC) to New York (JFK) to Orlando (MCO)

I couldn't find transport for my baby so I will be bike-less at Daytona Bike Week (better than being bike-less here in the cold/snow though).

UPDATE: Woot, I just worked out door-to-door transportation for my bike from NY to Orlando. Not sure why, but he's not leaving NY until the 10th but at least I'll have it for the big weekend in Daytona and the following 10 days.

If anyone wants to meet up PM me.

7 more inches of snow and 14F F'ing degrees yesterday so I'm ready to escape.

I'll leave it at my brothers and then fly back down in June to ride up to NC and back home or places TBD.

Also planning a few days in the Keys Deep Sea Fishing, Airboat ride in Everglades, dining out etc.

Last edited:
Been driving me crazy this winter. Have my bikes stored at my office so I have not gotten to pamper them all winter.

Have my 65 Bonnie at a friends house working on it there.

Told the wife that we are either moving this summer or I am building a garage/mancave for the bikes.

We live north of 1obull on the west side of Puget Sound and had 19 inches. What a mess. We kept power but have had no mail or garbage service in over a week.
Front.jpg
From my front porch
Shop.jpg
My shop from dining room window

I'm glad to report though that my Rocket and old Ford were snug and warm in the shop. :cool: Prior to the storm, I drove the Ford up to Gig Harbor to fill it with non-ethanol gas and do a test on the newly installed Edelbrock intake manifold and 4 barrel 60CFM carb. She ran like a scalded ape.
The Pair.jpg

Is that a '75 F100 truck? @Navigator

I had a '74 F250 4x4 with a Canadian 300CI straight 6 with forged crank and Holley 350. Got about 11 Mpg and that was our big 4.54 litre ones.;) Though I did have a twin axle tipping trailer on it or a small Kubota tractor and slasher with it pretty often.
It had the Dana's front and rear and big drum brakes all round:eek::rolleyes::whitstling::whitstling:.

Mine had a horrible habit of losing all lights without warning for a few seconds before coming back on while driving home in the dark from my bush block! Freaked a few approaching vehicles out but never found the cause.:eek:

I had a '63 F350 Dually flatbed too I towed to a mate's place for parts but I'm sure it still sits there rotting on a 5 acre block South of Darwin with another '78 F100 I left there too..

Well girls and guys, it looks like my home town and most of the central north have been getting record cold weather and snow.

Tell us how you've beaten the snow/cold.

For me and my wife, we went from this....

Taken by my son last night...
IMG_1763.jpg

To this.... A beach 30 minutes away in Florida....
IMG_1751.JPG

IMG_1754.JPG

Didn't have a trailer this year to bring the Rocket with me..... but next year, if good fortune prevails, it's coming. Been in Florida for 6 weeks and haven't seen one other Triumph on the roads in Tampa and the surrounding areas???????

Holy cow, looks like Keaton Beach by me except you mentioned Tampa. Unfortunately i deleted the pic that is the twin of yours, why I quoted you so I could compare pics together.
IMG_20190215_122620738_HDR.jpg
Yesterday:

Holy cow, looks like Keaton Beach by me except you mentioned Tampa. Unfortunately i deleted the pic that is the twin of yours, why I quoted you so I could compare pics together.
IMG_20190215_122620738_HDR.jpg
Yesterday:

The pics I posted were of Honeymoon Island State Park (Beach) north of Dunedin.

Back