What do you guys recommend as the best throttle lock for a 2015 Rocket Touring?

1Steve

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket Touring
I just bought a 2015 Touring and she'll be taken on a lot of long rides. My right hand goes numb very quickly if I can't shake it out regularly so a good throttle lock or cruise control is essential.

The bike is in Spokane Washington and I'll fly up and drive her home to Phoenix as our first ride together so I'll need to get the throttle lock before I pick up the bike.

I've seen an Atlas, a Kaoko, and a few that are rubber for end of grip for much cheaper.

What do you guys recommend?

If your rich, get an Aussie McCruise electronic cruise control engineered for the Rocket III wiring specifically with a high grade fully functioned cruise control. Excellent aftersales support and technical assistance with extensive and very complicated install manual with photos and military aviation grade technical manuals. Just ask Paul @Joesmoe a retired USAF tech who can answer all and loves his on his RIII Touring.
These are detailed model and version specific designs integrating ABS if fitted etc ete.

Too much fitting for me.
I got a 2nd hand never fitted one cheap and sold it on they cost about Au$1500 (US$1000) from memory but plenty of very detailed threads here on the forum if you search 'McCruise'.

There are quite a few cheaper throttle controls from the $1.50 plumbing supplies version from @flipmeister FLIPMEISTER THAT WORKS GREAT AND DETAILS ARE FREE ON SOME OLDER THREADS and posts of his.

Commerical start at plastic $25 or $40-50 metal Generic friction clamps versions.
E.g. Go Cruise throttle clamp..plastic or metal versions. These work for a quick break but slip and slowly release.

1652356356910.png

Then more elaborate and pricy, best regarded here probably:
Throttlemeister (Nothing to do with Flipmeister)
Kaoko model specific from South Africa
Atlas (one for sale on forum classifieds now.

Check the five similar threads appearing below as they will lead to relevant threads and other versions too.

Last edited:
BrakeAway

I absolutely LOVE mine. Been on for about 25,000 miles and no issues. Easy to set /release and will disengage if you have to apply the brakes (front).

I just bought a 2015 Touring and she'll be taken on a lot of long rides. My right hand goes numb very quickly if I can't shake it out regularly so a good throttle lock or cruise control is essential.

The bike is in Spokane Washington and I'll fly up and drive her home to Phoenix as our first ride together so I'll need to get the throttle lock before I pick up the bike.

I've seen an Atlas, a Kaoko, and a few that are rubber for end of grip for much cheaper.

What do you guys recommend?
You are in for a beautiful ride from those two locations. I have houses on the route if you need a stopover.

If your rich, get an Aussie McCruise electronic cruise control engineered for the Rocket III wiring specifically with a high grade fully functioned cruise control. Excellent aftersales support and technical assistance with extensive and very complicated install manual with photos and military aviation grade technical manuals. Just ask Paul @Joesmoe a retired USAF tech who can answer all and loves his on his RIII Touring.
These are detailed model and version specific designs integrating ABS if fitted etc ete.

Too much fitting for me.
I got a 2nd hand never fitted one cheap and sold it on they cost about Au$1500 (US$1000) from memory but plenty of very detailed threads here on the forum if you search 'McCruise'.

There are quite a few cheaper throttle controls from the $1.50 plumbing supplies version from @flipmeister FLIPMEISTER THAT WORKS GREAT AND DETAILS ARE FREE ON SOME OLDER THREADS and posts of his.

Commerical start at plastic $25 or $40-50 metal Generic friction clamps versions.
E.g. Go Cruise throttle clamp..plastic or metal versions. These work for a quick break but slip and slowly release.

1652356356910.png

Then more elaborate and pricy, best regarded here probably:
Throttlemeister (Nothing to do with Flipmeister)
Kaoko model specific from South Africa
Atlas (one for sale on forum classifieds now.

Check the five similar threads appearing below as they will lead to relevant threads and other versions too.

Cheap and ezzy to install but it slips. Use a wrist rest along with it.

Since its just to get your purchase home, borrow a hair braid rubber band from the closest gal and stick it between throttle grip and handle bar end....throttle will stay at setting until you reposition it......:thumbsup:
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I had a Brake Away on my Roadster. Loved it. It cancels by either tapping the front brake or hitting the thumb switch. I kinda miss it now that I ride a Tiger lol.

You are in for a beautiful ride from those two locations. I have houses on the route if you need a stopover.
I might take you up on that. Where are you located? I think I'm coming down the long way. Will probably get to Lake Tahoe then cut across Yosemite, head down through Sequoyah National Forest, and then do a long day to get home. I'm thinking 4 days. A buddy will likely meet me at Tahoe.

I might take you up on that. Where are you located? I think I'm coming down the long way. Will probably get to Lake Tahoe then cut across Yosemite, head down through Sequoyah National Forest, and then do a long day to get home. I'm thinking 4 days. A buddy will likely meet me at Tahoe.
I have a place in Riverton UT and St George UT.

Back