Valve Eater.....

Well ive read just about every other nasty that a 3 could throw at us but thats a 1st for me for a bent valve. Hope you get it sorted before the summer ends and enjoy a few rides out;)

Intake valve sheared off causing irreparable harm. I'm quite glum.

Need a head and piston at a minimum.... Probably need a whole motor from a wreck.... Have no time or cash for this... Depressed....
20170326_151849.jpg 20170326_151834_HDR.jpg

Wow, so sorry to hear that. How did that happen, I wonder, with these engines being generally thought of as "bullet proof."

And I totally get the "no time nor cash" . . . insurance ?

It's not the first time I heard of valve problems on motorcycles that have sat...I suspect certain cars might do it too. One person I know bought a Sportster Roadster that had sat for a couple years. He did not know that he should ride it easy at first, and the valves seized up. New heads and pushrods and he was back on the road....

Intake valve sheared off causing irreparable harm. I'm quite glum.

Need a head and piston at a minimum.... Probably need a whole motor from a wreck.... Have no time or cash for this... Depressed....
20170326_151849.jpg 20170326_151834_HDR.jpg
the head on my 2013 that burned is still in good shape with valves missing two shim buckets though. you interested ? very cheap send me aPM I will look for the pistons since they slid in the sleeves without problem, I can give you the ones I find,.. threw them along with debris..
no luck on pistons they are buried under ashes somewhere in the disposal bin

Last edited:
I dropped an exhaust valve on my Arial 500 thumper when I was a kid. I pushed it to a farmhouse to see what happened to it as it was getting dark. I happened to pull the exhaust pipe off and there was the head of the valve all bent up laying in the port. It was not easy getting that old outdated thumper back on the road, but I did it.

I had that bike and transmission apart so many times I could do it in my sleep. The triumph looks like it would be a real challenge. Good luck and I wish you the best.

Head on the way thanks to Albertaduke! Stock pistons with wicked low miles from flea-bay. Need to order head gasket ( wow, that is expensive anyone know where to get parts cheaper?), sump gasket, rod bolts and clutch cover gasket and if will begin!

I pulled the tensioner, Seems Ok to me. Any ideas to what caused besides heat damage from before? Otherwise I'm buttoning it back up, dyno it and ride.

Thanks!

Back