Do I need a valve adjustment?

Ok, still having trouble. If I leave in neutral and turn throttle, when I twist maybe 5deg, she starts acting up. Starts hesitating. Once past 10deg, all is good. If hitting throttle hard, no issues. I'm thinking TPS out of adjustment our bad.
I looked up how throttle body works. Thinking TPS causing computer to change timing and making engine pop sometimes.
O2 Sensor disconnected. Someone please explain how this helps. Oh. Using Wayne Tripp Tune.

Could well be a knackered TPS. On the early TPS's, the moving part inside is black. They were known to develop dead spots over time. That allowed the throttle plates to move some before the TPS changed it's signal. As the throttle plates open, they allow in more air. If the TPS doesn't respond with them, it doesn't know to send in more fuel. The resulting lean mixture causes the the engine to pop back through the throttle body. The new style TPS is blue inside and is supposed to hold up better.
Another possibility would be that your throttle butterflies have gotten way out of whack with each other (like something came loose). Do you have Tuneboy or Tuneecu ?

I don't know how you did it. How did anyone figure this out. It actually worked. I had to push it on with a flat screw driver because it kept popping out of the plastic connector. But, hot dog, it worked. I love this forum.
Are you forgetting that he is the Rocket Scientist??:D

Untitled.png

The trip I just took says I need to replace my tps :( started getting the occasional 2000 rpm surge the first few days. Yesterday got a couple back pops through the throttle bodies!
I love this bike, but why can't she break right at the end of riding season rather than the beginning ;)

Back