USB replacement for Triumph accessory outlet

Malcolm B

.020 Over
Ride
2010 Rocket 3 Roadster, Yamaha YZF1000 Thunderace
Hi guys, does anyone know if there's a direct replacement for the accessory socket?

I've a 2010 Roadster which has two male spade connectors on the back which plugs into a 2 pin female plug (at right angles to each other) on the loom.

The cigarette lighter type outlet as standard doesn't do much for me, without butchering the wiring I'd just like to replace it with a USB outlet instead.

Has anyone else done this???

Anyone...???

I found a FirstGear coax socket for my heated gear fits nicely (though I didn't connect it to the power connectors in the wiring harness). I saved the wires to connect to a separate accessory, but wanted to use the infill panel for the heated clothing because it is very convenient.

You can get a cigarette lighter type socket that has the two knife connectors and mount there, but you will have to enlarge the hole on the infill panel.

Hi guys, does anyone know if there's a direct replacement for the accessory socket?

I've a 2010 Roadster which has two male spade connectors on the back which plugs into a 2 pin female plug (at right angles to each other) on the loom.

The cigarette lighter type outlet as standard doesn't do much for me, without butchering the wiring I'd just like to replace it with a USB outlet instead.

Anyone...???
No, but it is something I have considered. Ebay and Amazon have loads of options.
I use the Truimph socket to plug the batter tender into though. So I keep forgetting.
The "T" shape will be the only "fly in the ointment". But it's a very teensy weensy fly.
And it will NOT be a direct replacement - the hole would need enlarging I think. But it's just a case of looking about.

Anyone...???

There are lighter plugs with usb ports.
I wired in a 2 usb port unit under the tank that sits at the forward edge of my tool box (former air filter box).

I put a Powerlet plug(BMW style power port) in the side panel, perfect fit, no enlargement needed, use it for battery tender when parked, have 2 port USB charger that plugs into it......but don't find it as useful as the cigarette/USB power ports/voltmeter mounted on handlebar(to power my handlebar mounted cell phone for NAV and music).
20190329_125231.jpg
20190329_125302.jpg
20190329_125329.jpg
20190329_130125.jpg

I've had one just like that for years that I have not used once!
If you be an accessory guy, look into a PDM60.
Works super for me and is programmable!

Wow, I watched the Revzilla video,
, and am totally confused as to how that would help me.....but have no doubt guys with brains understand it.......shucks, wish I was in your league.....200 bucks......my cheap, 15 dollar, 6 position fuse block and 10 dollar USB, voltmeter, cigarette lighter power port works for me....but if I was 20-30 years younger that PD60 thing-a-ma-jiggy would be the cats meow! :)

, and am totally confused as to how that would help me.....but have no doubt guys with brains understand it.......shucks, wish I was in your league.....200 bucks......my cheap, 15 dollar, 6 position fuse block and 10 dollar USB, voltmeter, cigarette lighter power port works for me....but if I was 20-30 years younger that PD60 thing-a-ma-jiggy would be the cats meow! :)
Oh my that chap is very excitable isn't he...! One thing I have noticed with the Rocket is there's just enough room to store a (very thin) cigarette paper under the seat! Likewise I'm boggled too!

Many thanks guys - I'll look into these and that BMW outlet seems to be perfect. Have a great weekend :)

Not me, Amigo!
I installed it in conjunction with the keyless ignition. All was guided every inch of the way by Ken @DEcosse!
Highly recommend.

Back