Uni Filters!!!

Busa, I've been on here for years mate :p

Are you still grieving over the loss of your beast (still the best looking Rocket thus far!:cool:)?:D

I'm on facebook mate send me a PM and you'll be able to see my 2 babies:)

Pig9r, how has that particular model of uni filter performed for you? Can you compare it to any of the K&N or Ramair filters?

Um, you just replied to a thread that is over 5 years old. Oh, and Brian hasn't been around for at least a year or so.

That said, those foam filters perform ok, if you ignore that old story about the Rocket that backfired through the filters and burned to the ground. Most stick to K&Ns these days.

Um, you just replied to a thread that is over 5 years old. Oh, and Brian hasn't been around for at least a year or so.

That said, those foam filters perform ok, if you ignore that old story about the Rocket that backfired through the filters and burned to the ground. Most stick to K&Ns these days.

IMO the fact that the thread is 5 years old is irrelevant because that topic is of current interest. As far as the story about a bike burning, I'm sure that Neville would not be recommending them if they increased the risk of fire. Thanks for pointing out that Brian hasn't been around for a year or so. You're a real prince.

Anybody else use that particular model of unifilter?

I used the uni for my first mod which were installed when I got the Tuneboy, worked fine but the ones I had, they secured to the bike with zip ties not a rubber flange. I then changed to k&n now Ramair.

IMO the fact that the thread is 5 years old is irrelevant because that topic is of current interest. As far as the story about a bike burning, I'm sure that Neville would not be recommending them if they increased the risk of fire. Thanks for pointing out that Brian hasn't been around for a year or so. You're a real prince.
Anybody else use that particular model of unifilter?

Take off your railroad hat - Dum-bro!
I guess once a *****head always a *****head!

Mickey-Finger.jpg

I used the uni for my first mod which were installed when I got the Tuneboy, worked fine but the ones I had, they secured to the bike with zip ties not a rubber flange. I then changed to k&n now Ramair.

Thanks, Scorp. How do the Uni's compare to the Ramair and K&N's?

Just a observation/suggestion If I were going to use UNI filters without rubbers I would like to see them zip tied to the OEM velocity stacks if Possible. I do not know if the rubber flanged filters have any velocity type radii on them or not but the link supplied to the Dennis Kirk site has a good quantity of different foam filters to choose from good find. If they did not I would look at find a way to use the OEM ones with the foam or add a set of Velocity stacks with the foam filters.

I chose the unifilters because they flow the most air and filter smaller particles than the others, plus you can leave the rubber stacks. The zip ties are rolling around the bottom of my tool box , seemed inadequate to me. I use stainless hose clamps. As for burning down your bike..... Seems like an exaggerated statement, if you read the one thread I've seen , look at the thread in question you will see the bike did not " burn down" and had other issues. Unifilters have been around a long time and that's the only story I ever heard of them burning. On my 9 th year using them in all kinds of weather, not one problem.

Back