My primary goal was to get rid of as much decel popping as possible, not a power increase, so probably not most folks primary interest in getting a tune. The new map feels fine, very smooth, crisp, stable idle, good starting, no flat spots on accel, but I haven't explored the upper end of the powerband yet. I left the RPM limit as 6500 although up to 7400 is now available.
Decel popping is a bit better, but not gone. DNK tuning said they would work with me so I think I will ask them if there is any more they can do about the decel popping, but I want to ride the bike some more to get a better feel for other issues, if any. I don't know why, but the decel popping really annoys me - a hang up of mine since my Harley days I guess.
Their customer service is very good, with quick response. It only took several days to get a map back to me.
A stock bike with decel pop?

My primary goal was to get rid of as much decel popping as possible, not a power increase, so probably not most folks primary interest in getting a tune. The new map feels fine, very smooth, crisp, stable idle, good starting, no flat spots on accel, but I haven't explored the upper end of the powerband yet. I left the RPM limit as 6500 although up to 7400 is now available.
Decel popping is a bit better, but not gone. DNK tuning said they would work with me so I think I will ask them if there is any more they can do about the decel popping, but I want to ride the bike some more to get a better feel for other issues, if any. I don't know why, but the decel popping really annoys me - a hang up of mine since my Harley days I guess.
Their customer service is very good, with quick response. It only took several days to get a map back to me.
The stock map has the rev limit at 7000. What is it set to in the DNK tune?

I’m surprised you can hear popping with the mufflers and cat. The older R3 with TORs and cat bypass popped loudly on decel with the stock tune for that exhaust. My full Jardine exhaust was ridiculous. The popping is caused by a lean condition where the fuel ignites in the exhaust. This was a difficult problem to address because: 1) fueling at zero throttle under load is based on manifold pressure (MAP) - you can add fuel to the L tables but you have to know the range of rpm and MAP over which popping occurs; and 2) in closed loop, fueling tends to get leaned even more.

Maybe Nas6208 has a Vacuum or exhaust leak, My TFC had no decel pop until I installed Dave Platt exhaust, DNK says they have a tune for it, but now I'm wonder if it's worth it.

Back