I'm going to try again today with a charger. I was getting the same messages with the Android Go device I tried before, which is making me thing the OBDLink lx may be defective

Is it possible that dealer could have locked the
ECU? They were in it twice, once for exhaust and again for easy shift

the OBDLink lx is connecting to the Android ok. It seems the OBDLink lx is not connecting the the ECU...
Do you have the OBDLink setup app on your Galaxy? Is the BT light on the LX on when it’s plugged in the bike’s OBD connector and the ignition is on?

If the program is set to the Triumph Keihin ECU and the LX device is chosen and the BT light is on solid on the LX, it should connect.

Have you joined the TuneECU page on Facebook? If you’re having unusual problems, ask Tom Tomtom on that site. Also, join the TuneECU.boards.net. The address connecting problems. Maybe Danielle at DNK could help.

Is it possible that dealer could have locked the
ECU? They were in it twice, once for exhaust and again for easy shift
The ECU is locked. TuneECU lets you into it. Has anyone here connected to the new R3?

The ECU is locked. TuneECU lets you into it. Has anyone here connected to the new R3?
I was into mine yesterday to reprogram the map to one I got from DNK. Reprogramming went with no problems - took about 17 minutes to complete. Hardware I used is Samsung S7 Galaxy phone, OBDLink MX , and TuneECU .

If it helps anyone, here is a list of items I made to jog my memory when reprogramming or just accessing ECU. Let me know if I forgot something.
  1. If reprogramming map, be sure to put new file in root of “Phone” (not Card) directory.
  2. Check for updated OBDLink MX program software and/or firmware.
  3. Check for updates to TuneECU software.
  4. Connect charger(s) to bike (Optimate 1.8 amp for short ECU access times, or ProLogic on 2-6 amps for extended periods/reprogramming)
  5. Pull 7.5 amp headlight fuse from the under-seat fuse box (5th fuse from front of fuse box under seat).
  6. Turn bike on to “RUN” mode, but do not start.
  7. Plug in OBD Link module to bike (under seat) then pair phone with OBD Link module.
  8. Start TuneECU and connect to bike ECU.
  9. Find map by scrolling down long list of directories to the bottom. Then, open new map in TuneECU.
  10. Once map is open in TuneECU, select ‘Reprogram”. Process completes in about 17 minutes.
  11. Once message appears that process has completed, wait an additional 5 seconds, save map, then shut down TuneECU, phone, remove OBDLink module and charger(s).
  12. Turn off bike.
Paul

The OBDLink app lets you connect the Android device to the LX without TuneECU turned on. You can also update the LX firmware.

I was into mine yesterday to reprogram the map to one I got from DNK. Reprogramming went with no problems - took about 17 minutes to complete. Hardware I used is Samsung S7 Galaxy phone, OBDLink MX , and TuneECU .
<...>
Paul
It would be very kind of you, Sir, if you could share your first ride impressions with the new tune.

It would be very kind of you, Sir, if you could share your first ride impressions with the new tune.
My primary goal was to get rid of as much decel popping as possible, not a power increase, so probably not most folks primary interest in getting a tune. The new map feels fine, very smooth, crisp, stable idle, good starting, no flat spots on accel, but I haven't explored the upper end of the powerband yet. I left the RPM limit as 6500 although up to 7400 is now available.
Decel popping is a bit better, but not gone. DNK tuning said they would work with me so I think I will ask them if there is any more they can do about the decel popping, but I want to ride the bike some more to get a better feel for other issues, if any. I don't know why, but the decel popping really annoys me - a hang up of mine since my Harley days I guess.
Their customer service is very good, with quick response. It only took several days to get a map back to me.

Back