Tuneboy Modified Tunes

Pig9r, do you use Tuneboy, and if so have you had any reliabilty issues? I'm planning on that being my next upgrade.

Yes I do use it. There is really nothing to fail. Basically the program and cable act as if it is the Triumph tool that loads tunes. You just load a tune and go. Nothing to bolt on or splice to etc. The biggest problem people have is getting connected to the bike for the first time. And the instructions are pretty vague.

Yes I do use it. There is really nothing to fail. Basically the program and cable act as if it is the Triumph tool that loads tunes. You just load a tune and go. Nothing to bolt on or splice to etc. The biggest problem people have is getting connected to the bike for the first time. And the instructions are pretty vague.
Thanks, I see one in my near future, and will probably need to pick your brain from time to time...mine is empty:D

If you keep the stock setup, you can open the secondary throttle plates 100% and copy the ignition map from 4th and 5th gears to 1st through 3rd gears in a stock map.

I talked to Wayne about changing the ignition maps for his TOR/cat bypass tune. He said that changing the ignition didn't make any difference for this tune - although it improved the performance for the triple unifilter setup. For starters for a stock bike I would just set the secondary table to 100%. With stock pipes, he probably doesn't have the backfiring problem.

I Have a TuneBoy(brand new,never used), if you have a map for me...:) I just downlod to my ECM. My bike has 400 miles. My last bike was a NightRod Special(good bike). I would like "no restrictions gears map whit full power" for a stock bike.
Tks a lot.

I Have a TuneBoy(brand new,never used), if you have a map for me...:) I just downlod to my ECM. My bike has 400 miles. My last bike was a NightRod Special(good bike). I would like "no restrictions gears map whit full power" for a stock bike.
Tks a lot.

The Tuneboy web site describes all of the stock (and modified) tunes. If you have stock mufflers and catalytic converter with catalyst in it, the stock tune is 20222. If your catalytic converter doesn't have catalyst in it (apparently some don't), the correct tune is 20227. There's a letter stamped on the cat box which tells which one you have. I assume "C" means there's catalyst inside.

When you figure out which tune is the right one, just pull it up into the Tuneboy program. Then go to the "Sec" table and change all the numbers to 100. Highlight the entire table and hold down "page up" until all the numbers reach 100. This gives full power in all gears. While you're at it, go into Edit and Tune Constants. Change the standard setting of 3037 to 3248. This will correct the speedometer. Save the tune with a new name and download it into the bike. With a stock exhaust and intake, there's nothing more you need to do.

Reg,

when I had the bike dynoed it was set up for gas mileage. the end result was 140 hp/141 tq. on this tune. The tuner gave me a much flatter power band from 2200rpm to 5900rpm. that's why it feels much crisper. I have a more usable power band with this tune and much better gas mileage. I tuned the bike with a car tire on the back, since this is what I run full time now. my speedo constant is now at 3325 for odometer correction with a 205/55-16 car tire. I'm running 3 k&n's under the bear claw. am also running 15 discs' and closed end cap on the super trap can,so your set up with the short stacks should breath a little better than what I have. I would run yours' 12/14 disc with closed end cap and see how that works out. If you run with the can open, use 2/3 discs on the back just to keep the scavenge velocity up to par. don't run with an open can on the open road,only at the drag strip or for bar hopping/ street fighting i/e stop to stop light. You might be running to lean for open road use with the open can..... my recommendations for a car tire are already known to you.

hope this helps,now open the can up and make some short hard hops.... then let me know what you think.... :D

greg

so if ive been runnign it not highway but around town etc with a mix of soem with 10 discs and soem wide open would it cause this?

check out how clean the center port is compared to how dirty the 1 and 3 are

Your #2 is running way lean, #3 probably lean at WOT too... look at valve stem.

Get a proper dyno tune, not a drop-in tune.

I need one bad...going to switch back to the original sams tune for now, and then schedule a trip to waynes or your place asap...

Back