Tune needed or not?

@dougl please check this dyno report for me. This dyno run( no tuning was done, only run) was done in 2022 on the rocket, now I have added DNA air filter. Appreciate your inputs <3
@Tal @Neville Lush @R-III-R Turbo

thanks so much

aCnoc96.jpg

@dougl please check this dyno report for me. This dyno run( no tuning was done, only run) was done in 2022 on the rocket, now I have added DNA air filter. Appreciate your inputs <3
@Tal @Neville Lush @R-III-R Turbo

thanks so much

aCnoc96.jpg
E
Looks great. A/F is rich except under 3500 rpm where it gets quite lean at 3000. What’s up with that?

Why is the torque so low? I'm not seeing anywhere near 221 newton meters on these dyno runs.

Dynos usually accessible to public measure torque at the wheel, you have to allow for 10-15% loss through transmission from engine torque (or power) figures.
Say 147 ft lb or 200nm at wheel, would be 222nm at engine if the loss was 10% for example.
Manufacturers (usually) quote engine figures.

Only way to know what % your bike loses en route to wheel is to measure it at engine (maybe take Triumph's word for it) and also at the wheel and see the difference.

Dynos usually accessible to public measure torque at the wheel, you have to allow for 10-15% loss through transmission from engine torque (or power) figures.
Say 147 ft lb or 200nm at wheel, would be 222nm at engine if the loss was 10% for example.
Manufacturers (usually) quote engine figures.

Only way to know what % your bike loses en route to wheel is to measure it at engine (maybe take Triumph's word for it) and also at the wheel and see the difference.
I guess that's the loss. He is only at 145.99 ft lb there on torque. That's what? 197 newton meters. Seems even the supercharged one wasn't much higher than that. Maybe tuning doesn't help much at all. We need some better headers.

Why is the torque so low? I'm not seeing anywhere near 221 newton meters on these dyno runs.
The torque (ft lbs) of 146 in post #11 is not low. He also got 164 max rwhp, which is also not low. He had Penner’s tune and Werkes exhaust. Unfortunately we don’t know the improvement over bone stock. Remember, different dynos can give different absolute results.

Go back to Richard Albans’ dyno runs.

Post #1. His first run appears to be with unrestricted throttle only. He gets max rw 167 hp/150 ft lbs. It looks like the db killers were out. Not clear what he’s talking about. Do the stock exhausts have db killers or is he adding his own to the stock exhaust?

The next run is the same but with fuel tweaks. He gets 175/155. Both of these runs were SAE corrected.

The stock bike with stock tune gave 142/147. The big increase in peak hp over stock is due to opening the throttle 100% at wide open grip throttle.

It sounded like he did these runs in 5th gear and he removed the speed limiter. He might have run up against the speed limiter in 5th . Not clear why he didn’t do the runs in 4th which is typical.

Yeah I've seen all of that too. After all that his best is 155 pound feet = 210. newton meters. That run was to 7000 rpm. Not knocking it. Just curious why big gains aren't coming out of this engine.

Back