One year review, Happy or Not

After one year of ownership are you still glad you bought the bike?

• yes

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • undecided

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stingray

Nitrous
Ride
'21Rocket 3GT, '17 KTM 1290 SDGT, '04 Goldwing
Today is my one year anniversary with my new Rocket 3GT. Not much to say about it. I haven't even seen it since mid October when I put it in for repairs. Seems they have admitted it was assembled incorrectly from the factory. So after taking it apart several times and replacing thousands of dollars of parts it is ready again. Man, I've been hearing that for a year now. All it needs is the newest download of software. Reset the trouble codes and all is good. Right? This time they're going to throw in the annual service for free. Wow, I'm so happy. What a deal, I can't wait. Actually I will have to wait another week so they can do that. THAT doesn't look like much from the owners manual except for resetting the service light. Trying to decide whether to sell it now or ride it.

How has your 1 year anniversary been? Be honest.

I had a couple small warranty jobs done by my dealer and they always did free pick up/ drop off when they are close to 3h away. First week they fixed the common oil leak from the crush washer, a year in they bled the rear brake, and recently I had to fix my front brakes after an animal strike. Even out of warranty, the pick up was $50. 3 years in and I’m still smitten with the bike and I haven’t found another that I would have rather spent the money on. It’s very striking to look at, fast enough, loads of fun, and inherently interesting given the layout

Proud owner for two years few minor problems just like most owners, I don’t know how many times I’ve been asked if it’s okay to take photos of my bike, Should have asked for $ each time lol 😆 it would help pay for fuel

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the bike. Nobody loves a bike that you can’t ride. after three years I have my first big issue. It looks like the display module has failed and I need a new one. They are back ordered with no set time for delivery. Fortunately I have other bikes to ride so I’m not stuck at the house. I still voted that I do still like the R3.

Not happy at all m8, I think you seen my posts about the trouble I have with the bike, as soon as the weather allows, I'll continue my fight for customer rights here... Poll is already closed, so can't vote.

Well, I am trying to reembrace my Rocket 3GT. After getting all of the shop mess cleaned up. There was brake fluid still all over the calipers and running down both tires. I guess they didn't even use a bleed hose. It was two quarts low of oil not even showing on the dipstick. Concerning because oil was all over the bottom of the engine. Apparently the tech just drained it and filled the tank and never idled it for 90 seconds and the 90 second wait to check level. Or cleaned up his mess. The scratches on the tank and scratches on the right side cover trim bother me the most. I'd never treat someone's bike like that. Oh well, at $146 per hour for that level of service I won't be returning.
20230311_112656.jpg 20230311_112813.jpg 20230311_102021.jpg
I decided to rotate the TFT mount up and put the Powerblade back on. I do like the new mid controls and that sweet shift assist is worth its weight in gold. I hope for the best after finally getting it fixed where I can ride it. It does put a big smile on the mug. Hoping for the best.
20230313_143149.jpg

This is why I take pictures and a video covering the entire bike at the dealership in front of them. They say they also take pictures and they do but mine concentrate on the paint and wheels. Even a minor rub will show. I have had zero issues and they will pay if they scratch anything because I can show them the proof immediately. They know I'm anal retentive so I'm certain they would just call me at home and just tell me it's getting detailed because they scuffed something up like they did before. They even polished my backrest metal and rack to a nice shine. Keep the faith if at all possible.:thumbsup:

@stingray "If it wasn't for bad luck..." I feel for you, man. You seemed to have gotten a lemon and, to top it off, your dealership sucks. I guess that there must not be, but you'd think there is a lemon law in Texas. I'd walk away from that if you could- this coming from someone who does love the bike, despite a few issues.

Back