10k mile service - DIY (also, Spark Plugs Not Tight & Wire Boots Not Pushed On!)

The vent line is actually on the right side. That's the male end of the fuel line leading to the throttle bodies you see in that last photo.

Yeah, so far, neither of my Rockets have ever seen a dealer (fingers crossed emoji here). All the electronic stuff on the 2.5s makes me nervous as to when my luck will run out.
I find Rockets are very DIY friendly and Electronics are easier on rocket as compare to other brands supersports bike 2022 models. I have paid on rocket technical information website for electronics circuit of complete bike with High Definition images, can be printable up to a big poster size.
I copied electronics data from the website.

......I have paid on rocket technical information website for electronics circuit of complete bike with High Definition images, can be printable up to a big poster size.
I copied electronics data from the website.
We'd love to see an example of how it compares to the electrical diagrams on the service manual.

We'd love to see an example of how it compares to the electrical diagrams on the service manual.
in the manual electrical photos are in pieces and not good if you are trying to diagnose something, those photos are broken into several pages and not into proper layout and its very hard to make anything out of it, i downloaded all pages one by one from technical website

I did exactly the same w my 2020 R3R... My thoughts:
- That side kill switch that comes w American R3 makes the work much harder... Technically we are not supposed to use pliers for the fuel quick connector. With that switch, we have no room for finger or a plier and it requires patience...
- I followed the specs from the R3 service manual. and the manual is WRONG... if you follow the manual you are going to invert two coils. I had to remove the tank again and when I checked, I realized that colors are different. So, I inverted two coils and it worked... so, take photos.
- I do not understand why service manual suggest removing the windshield to move the dashboard. I think it is easier to unscrew two side bolts and move it to the side.
- It is easy to remove the 6 spark plugs. 98% of my problems were with fuel connector...
- It is MANDATORY to disconnect the battery.
- My R2 is 2020, like new and the base long bolt that locks the fuel tank was completely rusted... (the only rusted part I ever found in my motorcycle).

Can you please post a link?
Well if i want to see one close up I will know who to call
Just kidding
Can u post a link?
How much does it cost?
yes, i will, i need to find way to upload 23 different images as an album without the upload website compressing it on its own.
I paid 20$ or so on this Triumph website and downloaded the electronics photos from there.
Its the same website from where some Good Samaritan downloaded the complete rocket 2.5L manual in parts and compiled as PDF for us and posted it online

We are lucky to have access to manual, other brands forget it, especially BMW, Ducatis new models.

Last edited:
....continued.....
IMG_2087.jpg

I was dreading the fuel filter replacement, but it turned out to be the easiest step by far.

IMG_2089.jpg

Pull the assembly out carefully and disconnect the wire harness with the green and red wires to give you more room. Snip the zip ties holding the filter. Note the direction of the arrow on the filter. Remove the chrome bracket and slip the hose clamps on each side of the filter down. Pull the filter, replace and reassemble- easy!

Put the tank back on. Reattach the wiring harness, the bent hose from the evap canister to the tank, and carefully reattach the fuel line.

Go ride.

Had I paid the shop to do this I wouldn't have gotten to see the condition of the plugs and who knows if they would have struggled to get those boots back on.
Hey Journeyman! Did you replace the fuel pump housing gasket or did you reuse it?

I had a similar problem and ended up with a new tank and EVAP. It shouldn't spill out of the tank even when hot unless you fill it up to the tip top of the spout. If under warranty maybe have them check it out because it shouldn't be happening. If you are out on a hot day and you fill up your tank ride a few more miles then pull over and slowly unscrew the gas cap. If it does more than a small hiss releasing vapors then you have a problem. There should be zero belching of gas or loud release of air. Just a thought.:thumbsup:
Interested to understand what exactly is the problem with the tank, that makes the fuel spew out.
Did they explain to you, when they replaced it?

Interested to understand what exactly is the problem with the tank, that makes the fuel spew out.
Did they explain to you, when they replaced it?
They probably did but my eyes glazed over and thought now I have to pay for 2 new La Monster Union jacks for the side of the tanks. I know the Charcoal cannister and another Cannister was replaced along with the tank. It was probably integrated into the tank since it's a false tank anyway. I thought it was just the EVAP but they replaced the cannisters and tank under warranty. I tried to get them to pay for the tank decals but they were aftermarket tank pads so they wouldn't replace it. But hey, I got a brand new tank to replace my brand new tank.

Back