10k mile service - DIY (also, Spark Plugs Not Tight & Wire Boots Not Pushed On!)

@Journeyman28778 or can someone help me buying right size for the hose pliers and the fuel line plier?
I found following, but not sure about the size.

I see so many fuel line pliers on amazon
Amazon.ca : fuel line plier

same with hose pliers,
Amazon.ca : hose pliers

can you please point out correct one from the amazon? for ex. point out the price of tools from amazon listing which would fit rocket. 19..99$ fuel plier and 30.99$ for hose plier. something like that?
thx
I got this one (probably the cheapest), but anything that looks similar will work.

I made the hose clamp pliers from an old pair of regular pliers, but you can buy something like this

Run as much fuel out of the tank before you begin- hit reserve. This is so the tank isn't full of fuel when you go to change the fuel filter. It will also be lighter.

What that step is saying is to remove the fuse for the fuel pump then start the bike. It'll run and then kill. Now the fuel line has less fuel and is not under pressure. If you were to skip that step when you disconnect the fuel line you'll literally get "hosed" from all the pressure that naturally resides in the line from the pump.

Run as much fuel out of the tank before you begin- hit reserve. This is so the tank isn't full of fuel when you go to change the fuel filter. It will also be lighter.

What that step is saying is to remove the fuse for the fuel pump then start the bike. It'll run and then kill. Now the fuel line has less fuel and is not under pressure. If you were to skip that step when you disconnect the fuel line you'll literally get "hosed" from all the pressure that naturally resides in the line from the pump.

can you tell me for exactly how much time to run the bike after removing the fuel pump fuse? like start the bike engine and leave it for 10 seconds?

thx

My plugs look lean and I'm running @Penner 's richer tune. If you haven't loaded that, you should!
I was very suprised that the plugs were just barely tighter than hand tight! That, and the spark plug wire boots were literally just resting on the plugs- not attached! WTF?
If the plugs were barely tight and the gaskets weren't crushed then they'd run a bit hot and probably look leaner, because there is not a good heat flow path out of the plug.

Back