imcool

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3R 2022
hello,

Factory spark plugs are from NGK and used in following type of older model motorcycles ( not impressive to me )
I expected premium grade spark plugs in this rocket 3 R.

8z1Eo2a.jpg

I want to to upgrade the spark plugs to better technology from NGK, I did quite a bit of research and made this chart, can you help me deciding which spark plug to buy and upgrade with? Can you have a look at chart below please and offer some expert advise?

AelkUbv.jpg

Thanks

Attachments

• SPARKPLUG.jpg
    SPARKPLUG.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 35
  • SPARK PLUG 2.jpg
    SPARK PLUG 2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 28
Other than longevity, are you expecting iridium plugs to be "better" than standard plugs & if so, how so?

Other than longevity, are you expecting iridium plugs to be "better" than standard plugs & if so, how so?
had i known that i wouldnt asked here but all i know iridium are better than standard plugs, but there must be other benefits than 'longevity'. As NGk makes racing and other high tech spark plugs so

i was told that iridium gets a little better mileage but don't know for sure on durango i figured the small mileage improvement plus the longevity i would come out a head .

Iridium plugs last five times longer so one advantage is that they have a lot better chance of seizing in the threads of your alloy cylinder head when you go to remove them.

Apart from that, they may be relevant with high performance (racing?) equipment, but - a cooking model road-going vehicle? Dunno.

Iridiums, I wouldn't. I remember this same discussion on the 2.3s here.....

Last edited:
Back