Wadejesu

Supercharged
Ride
R3 TFC #391
Decided to read plugs after a few hundred miles with new tune and O2 manipulator. What a pain in the ass. You will need a 12 pack and set aside a weekend day to complete.
You need to remove fuel tank, coils, evap can, anti lock brake module will have to be moved out of way. Also remove intake runners to gain access to fuel rail disconnect to avoid damage, it is behind master switch so you can't easily disconnect. You can reinstall intake runners, while tank is off because reconnecting fuel line is a snap.
Tools required, 14 mm spark plug socket,
20210418_145828.jpg
20210418_145705.jpg
20210418_145652.jpg
10 mm socket, 3, 5 mm hex sockets, sharp hose pic to aid in rubber intake manifold reinstall.
My rear tank fixing was already corroded so I will replace it.

Plugs looked good
A lot of work for such a concise report. So, is that 'good' from just idling in the driveway or from killing the engine, under load, at 3000, 4000 or 7000 rpm and trailering it home? I hope that we were not expecting to see melted electrodes (-:

Plugs only require renewal (and checking) at 20 000 miles. Note RCM (Reliability-centered-Maintenance) aka the Waddington Effect;

Last edited:
Just adding to your thread, may be something to look at in future if anyone is interested to do so, Steve Morris of Steve Morris race engines said that he uses spark plug strap to check timing marks and for fueling he removes the porcelain and on the shaft( using a lathe, its a bi**hite, inside will have fueling marks on the porcelain, basicaly the higher the mark, probaly a good source of info here as his engine program is big time. ( id be guessing and say mine is about generally middle ) lol that was wrong, im not a spark plug reader myself but i know some guys can look at the threads and give a real good opinion. Been doing it for decades that way. Ive removed my pictures as i must have been tore up when i watched and understood way wrong , video down below) sorry for bad info and @TURBO200R4 thanks for making me post video,

Last edited:
i have never heard of reading a spark plug by tearing it apart.
r u sure that somebody might b messing with u.

i have never heard of reading a spark plug by tearing it apart.
r u sure that somebody might b messing with u.
He wasnt messin but i could’ve misunderstood :rolleyes: But ill find it and post with minute and second of where he touches on this, he basically just brushes over it on tear down, these engines may only make upwards of 50 runs thats way up from days past 2000 to 4500 horsepower builds is biggest part of his business, but ill find, nobody is gonna do this anyway, strictly info except for maybe one other person that has to know:roll:

Back